• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

Thread starter #1

RENEGADE

Backer
i would like to see an indepth vehicle modification system. i like the idea of say finding an angle grinder and cutting gun holes in the back of a van etc. or adding fench mesh over windows to improve defense from grabby people. you know who im talking about. but yeah. just generally vehicle modifications. The bestexample would be dawn of the dead (2004) those school busses :O.

Thread starter #3

RENEGADE

Backer
yeah. and modifying the exhaust and engine bay so the vehicle runs quieter. that sort of thing. even adding more spotlights to the vehicle so when you drive into an industrial arear its all lit up.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
yeah. and modifying the exhaust and engine bay so the vehicle runs quieter. that sort of thing. even adding more spotlights to the vehicle so when you drive into an industrial arear its all lit up.
Exactly!

SuperCraaze

Backer
or maybe being able to weld things on to the car, for example a spike from a fence post or something and weld onto wheels for kneecappers to keep zombies away from windows?

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
or maybe being able to weld things on to the car, for example a spike from a fence post or something and weld onto wheels for kneecappers to keep zombies away from windows?
Or maybe like chariots from back in the day weld blade onto the wheels of your vehicle to kill zombies while you drive by!

wout

Backer
Maybe also adding some weapon (turrets) so if you find say, an ak-47 you'll be able to attach it to your van or truck and have less recoil and more precise aim? i like this idea.

Thread starter #8

RENEGADE

Backer
obviously your gonna need alot of tools for this. drills, saws, and resources. so the end product is well worth the grind. IMO anyway :D

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
obviously your gonna need alot of tools for this. drills, saws, and resources. so the end product is well worth the grind. IMO anyway :D
Exactly lots of time but this promotes endgame and players returning to the game!

This has probably been suggested already but here goes anyway.............

You can take larger vehicles (buses, semi-trailers, a fire engine) and customize them with armour and other defensive measure and for good measure, incorporate offensive capabilities too.

Perhaps for the larger vehicles, a sleeping / living area could also be customised.

It might also be a good idea to limit the impact damage caused by hitting Mr & Mrs Zombie. I don't like the idea that after a half dozens hits, my car begins to resemble one of those derby cars used to smash the bejesus out of other vehicle.

Thanks.

QuickLoad

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ Sq. Scorpio CO
Backer
Yeah, but even if the thing happens on your last 2 sentences, we should be able to repair them with a metal plate and clean them with some water to improve mental stability!

This is an idea I had and apparently @Smacks also had. Mounting some form of zombie protection on the front of your vehicle.

Thinking about this there seems to be two main types. The type that protects your radiator and engine by reinforcing it, IE Roll-bar Grills constructed of large bend metal pipes, that are popular with truck and jeep owners. This type seems it would protect the front by causing large amounts of damage or killing the zombie as it is smacked down and run over. I could see these possibly being upgraded or modded to have spikes or blades on them to cause more damage to zombies.
Advantage Less damage to your radiator and engine. Could be extended up to help give some protection to windshield.
Disadvantage Damage to vehicle could still occur to the radiator and undercarriage of the vehicle

The Second kind would be the Snowplow or Cowcatcher that use to be placed on the front trains designed to flip cows out of the way and off the tracks to prevent damage to the trains. This kind seems it would prevent more damage to the vehicle by moving the zombie out from in front of the vehicle but at the trade off of not killing the zombies. It might break their legs but the zombie would most likely still be active and coming after you. Just maybe at a slower pace.
Advantage: Almost no damage to front or underside of vehicle.
Disadvantage Doesn't always kill the zombie
Added weight to vehicle slowing it down or reducing fuel mileage.

Items needed

Roll-bar Grill

10-30 feet of pipe
8 Bolts.
12 Metal plates 1'x1' (attach to undercarriage of vehicle)

Tools
Welder
Pipe bender or vice
Drill

Snow plow or Cow catcher

8 Bolts
12 Metal plates 1'x1' (attach to undercarriage of vehicle)
Snow plow
or
"24-36" heavy duty steel plate 1'x1' (construct the plow or cowcatcher) (24-30 depending on size of vehicle being made for.)

Tools
Welder
Drill

"Like my shop partner @Smacks here told you before, difference is if you want to mow the zombies down by running them over at the risk of damaging your vehicle or if you want to just flip them off to the side of the road which is better for your vehicle but could end up with you having to fight off a couple dozen zombies that come crawling up through the tall grass, with broken legs, should you stop long enough for them to catch up with you. We can put either on your vehicle if you got the parts and the canned goods for our time."

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I like this idea.. My dad had a cowcatcher on his ford.. Man that thing was beast.

Fraesser

Fraesser
Backer
I think that would be awesome! I hope they do add this. Having mud lights would be cool as well to further increase the vision in front of your vehicle.

LOL. I just like to put in a short snip of conversation to give readers an idea of in game use and I tag people who had a part in the idea. Give credit where due.

Matthew

Backer
This is a great idea a good way to keep from ruining your car from hitting zombies.

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Maybe make a plow for infront of a truck, RV or car? Like a snow plow, but for mowing zombies?

Maybe adding a winch? so you can tow vehicles that may be broken down without a tow truck (if their ever is a tow truck)?