• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Maybe add an oil slick or two. The stuff all people use in their cars right? (at least i do 0.0)

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Honestly I'd like the option to cut a hole in the roof of an RV, put down a ladder, and stick some makeshift barricades around the roof and have a sweet portable sniper position
Yes, thats exactly whats needed! Its now a mobile tank/home! id have fun "trading" with that LOL

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
Yes, thats exactly whats needed! Its now a mobile tank/home! id have fun "trading" with that LOL
considering the Devs have said the map would be primarily islands, i think this concept could be applied to boats, especially being able to craft canoes and paddles as well as build floating houses and rafts, I would like to see a floating community since we cannot build our own houses, which creates limited real estate.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I agree with all of the above. But, please! Let us put badass spikes on our wheels haha :)

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
This is an extraordinary idea like maybe say with a box truck you could build a mobile base inside the truck!
Hey that's my idea! In my thread! :mad:

( :DIt's cool)

lukeimp

Backer
If anybody has some ideas for extra vehicle modifications such as armour options and vehicle performance enhancers like specific engine parts or body kits or whatever, so that there is just generally more to do in the game if you already have all the best items, just add ideas to this thread.

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
If anybody has some ideas for extra vehicle modifications such as armour options and vehicle performance enhancers like specific engine parts or body kits or whatever, so that there is just generally more to do in the game if you already have all the best items, just add ideas to this thread.
Generally, the mods want individual fleshed out ideas as threads without more ideas being added in the bottom or comments. It works like:
I suggest a specific modification, what it does, how to make it, etc, then I name the thread after it, and finally people comment on it and give input to that specific idea.

lukeimp

Backer
Generally, the mods want individual fleshed out ideas as threads without more ideas being added in the bottom or comments. It works like:
I suggest a specific modification, what it does, how to make it, etc, then I name the thread after it, and finally people comment on it and give input to that specific idea.[/QUOT
I made this thread because there weren't many people making threads on ideas for modifications, most of them were for certain vehicles.

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer

this is a list of accessories that would be useful in the event of an apocalyptic situation in my opinion

truck ladder rack
+ carries ladders and lumber without taking up bed space
- increased roll chance and slight loss in fuel economy

front bumper gaurd (ranch hand guard)
+ protects vehicle from minor impact (running over zombies)
- severly decreased fuel economy

tool box
+ lockable storage for items
- take up bed cargo space

truck bed cover
+lockable storage
- no cargo space, not compatible with ladder rack or tool box or

truck camper
+ place to store items and sleep
- huge impact on fuel economy and horsepower, severe rolling increase, no cargo space in bed of truck, no power or water

front hitch attachment
+ able to pull trailers while backing up (for maneuvering them easier), supports hitch carrier
- not compatible with front bumper gaurd

hitch carrier
+ adds cargo space to any place a hitch is mounted
- cannot carry much, can damage hitch or loose items if wrecked

small hitch attachment
+ can be mounted on cars to carry light loads
- really light loads maybe just the empty trailer

bumper stickers
+ who doesn't love bumper stickers
- that one guy who kills you for having it

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
this actually looks pretty cool and give people a little extra custom to their car but idk it might just make trucks op so no one will want to drive anything else

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Ya, I like a lot of these ideas, although a lot of them do the same thing, which is store equipment. While I like diversity I don't think there should be this many different ways to store things on your truck. Maybe all these could be added on later in development but I would be fine with just one of these ideas. Good Post!

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
this actually looks pretty cool and give people a little extra custom to their car but idk it might just make trucks op so no one will want to drive anything else
I am pretty sure Buses are the hot commodity. :D