• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

i just put a lot of ideas to see what people liked, and i live in texas so im only really familiar with truck accessories...

MrZoxx

Backer
this actually looks pretty cool and give people a little extra custom to their car but idk it might just make trucks op so no one will want to drive anything else
Yeah but thats the way it would be in a real zombie apocalypse wouldnt it. Because if you had the choice in a real life situation between a big truck with lots of customization and protection vs. a mazda 2, which would you choose?

TheClassiness

The more car customization the better, although the devs have mostly confirmed this idea. Vehicles will consist of "modules" which you can switch parts out. Like in the RV, you can get rid of some of the cupboards in exchange for a toolbox.

I think that you should be able to put small medium sized trailers witch lets you carry more items at the cost of less gas mileage and less speed depending on what size of trailer and whats in it.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
+1 for the ladder rack and tonneau cover. Not two sure that the front hitch could be used for other than maybe a tight road where you cant turn a trailer around. I do like the bumper sticker idea :)

Last edited:

DarkFox

HoboGamer
Backer
I had a little idea spark while I was scrolling through the forums today so I thought I would share it with you guys, I thought back onto a video a while back when someone (I don't remember who specifically did the video) but pulled into a garage/gas station with an RV and using sheet metal armored up the RV, I was thinking about what if you did the same thing to lets say a Car but instead used a thicker sheet of metal, maybe the sheets of metal offer some sort of firearms protection whether it be from something small like a pistol or something big like a rifle. But at the same time I feel like the thicker the sheets and the more of them you put onto it, the slower the car moves and the more power you need to move the car, maybe even upgrade the engine a little bit so you can move just a tad quicker

At any rate there's what was brewing in my head, I'd like to know what you guys think about my little idea here

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
I think it's a good idea, but to get those sheets of metal would you have to go to a scrap yard? Building site? not too sure how you'd get "industrial" sheets of steel but I can see it working, I like the more weight slower the car moves, this would make people think about armouring their vehicles :)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
From the Kickstarter page -
  • All vehicles can be repaired or modified
Depending on what they mean by modified, then yeah armour could be added. I'm sure I read somewhere that you could fortify the RV (can't remember if it was from a Dev, or just another forum member)

Hawki

Breaking games Is alot of fun
Backer
This idea Is more to do with how the cars work and items are stored in them, Instead of the conventional opening up an inventory screen to view the items inside the car how about we enter the car to see them such as opening the boot "(trunk) of the car to see the items within or even add roof racks to the top of the car which luggage / backpacks can be added to to increase the storage capacity of the vehicle its self, this idea is based off the assumption people would be trying to flee these big citys and pack up there vehicles as much as possible with all there belongings and would be piling it ontop of the car also.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
If possible, I would like this.

Moderator #57

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Backer
I like the idea of adding some type of homemade rack to the tops of vehicles that didn't have them. Hell, even making ratchet straps a lootable thing to where if you had some of these you could strap certain things to the top of a vehicle.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I actually think they already have this idea in mind for car storage. From what I have seen everything you have in your vehicle is a actual physical model in the world rather then a word on a menu. (excluding the parts to the car) If this is what you mean I could link you a video showing the feature off. On the whole roof storage thing I don't see why that couldn't be added. unless it messed with the physics or took away from realism.

I did not see this in the previously suggested thread, so I hope I'm not overlooking it. (If I am, I think I'll stop making threads to not make enemies out of the admins.:eek:)

Not every car is durable or armored, so if an apocalypse survivor is lucky enough to find a motor vehicle, he or she should be able to make modifications to add some makeshift protection to it. Putting wood pallets on the sides of the car or strapping barbed wire to the front bumper would just be a few of the modifications to keep a survivor's car protected for at least a short time.