• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Fortunately this hasn't really been suggested yet. Unfortunately that's because they have already confirmed that feature before the forums went up. They showed it off in one of the very first videos for STN, when they were still on Unity 4. I am glad you used that search tool, it shows you tried. But i would also recommend looking at all the videos as well, so you can see what has already been added. I hope you don't stop posting, the more people on the forums the better is what i think. I'll give you a link to the video where you can see the feature in use.

Link to the video, would recommend watching it all.

@Crazypineapple55 Thanks for the information. I literally got into StN a week ago, so I've still got some catching up to do.

Aonus684

The Hooded Figure
Backer
I believe there should be more customization to this, i can see a limitation to what you can put onto a vehicle. would there be levels of defense that you could add to a vehicle? roof tin onto a window seems very light. Would we be able to weld metal plates to the window for much more protection in comparison? would be nice to get a list of features but i guess that is also one of the things that makes its all the more exciting for the game release.

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
Yeah, or at least attach a chair to the roof of an RV. A second player can sit above shooting zombies while, someone drives.

amslayer94

Backer
to be honest i think there should be a hummv of some sort or even a military jeep because if the apocalypse really happens it not like those vehicles will disappear off the face of the earth but ingame they should be rare

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
to be honest i think there should be a hummv of some sort or even a military jeep because if the apocalypse really happens it not like those vehicles will disappear off the face of the earth but ingame they should be rare
Maybe a Hummer could be in the game but i don't think there should be actual military Humvees in the game. I understand what your saying but this is some tiny island most likely not close to any major city so i doubt the military would try to save it.

amslayer94

Backer
Maybe a Hummer could be in the game but i don't think there should be actual military Humvees in the game. I understand what your saying but this is some tiny island most likely not close to any major city so i doubt the military would try to save it.
i get what your saying but if they include some kind of military base there should be some kind of military vehicle

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
i get what your saying but if they include some kind of military base there should be some kind of military vehicle
The devs have stated that there will be no military loot so I am assuming this has to do with vehicles as well. So Id say Humv's or other armored vehicles are a no. But fortifying a vehicle to be armored is a good idea and already going to be in game but on a zombie defense way not gun fire way!!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
The devs have stated that there will be no military loot so I am assuming this has to do with vehicles as well. So Id say Humv's or other armored vehicles are a no. But fortifying a vehicle to be armored is a good idea and already going to be in game but on a zombie defense way not gun fire way!!
Yea.. the closest I have seen to any military vehicle is/was the willy's jeep (hehe)... I would imagine that if this island had any military presence around the time of "the event" that it would have been warships and the like near the coast, on an island this small in-reality the best option would be to evacuate the population... so maybe there might be more military fortified places near the coast/docks with things like the said jeep, 2 1/2 ton cargo trucks and maybe boat's..damn my mind went off of at a tangent straight from the start there.......

As we know from the early video's that reinforcing vehicles will be possible but I would not expect it to be possible to have them "bullet proof", small arm's fire maybe but nothing too OP... I suppose it depends on what is thrown into the mix mechanics wise, like if skills play a part like in life... I know that @DemoCar82 could do a hell of a better job than me at something like this in real life.

So skills, tools and workplace should be taken into account in my opinion.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
There will be no military presence on THIS island. But weather they add more islands and weather they will have military base is unknown at this moment.

Ashen81

Backer
Now if we could strap a guy on bungee cords to a truck, give him a flamethrower guitar and hook it up to hundreds of amps, then put war drums on the back...
That would be funny. being able to build the trucks they had in that movie would rock aswell. :)

Chez

Survivor
Backer
great idea and realistic i know a lot of people would do this during a zombie outbreak.