• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

Aonus684

The Hooded Figure
Backer
If i had my choice. id take a pick up truck, weld a cage to the back with bar holes small enough that u cant fit a finger but big enough that you can see outside. square open slots to fit barrels out to fire. and a welded peices of metal to stick out on the side of the vehicle, sharpened so as to act as a blade like olden day war chariots. so if u run into a horde of zombies with ur vehicle, everything u dont hit will definitely get sliced up by those peices of metal. welded enough that it wont break when hitting flesh, but if u hit a tree it would break off. as to not damage the vehicle in use.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I vote for a separate sub-section in the "Suggestions" titled "Vehicle Modifications" or something like that but it defiantly need its own because I think there is a lot to think about with this feature alone...

I have not finished thinking of base traps/defenses, items, vehicles etc never mind started to think about offensive/defensive vehicle mods :D

Chez

Survivor
Backer
I vote for a separate sub-section in the "Suggestions" titled "Vehicle Modifications" or something like that but it defiantly need its own because I think there is a lot to think about with this feature alone...

I have not finished thinking of base traps/defenses, items, vehicles etc never mind started to think about offensive/defensive vehicle mods :D
quit slacking then and catch up :p

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
In Dayz Origins there was a vehicle called the scrap apc, it was a custom vehicle presumably made by survivors before they died, it was made entirely from scratch and can be made from civilian parts.
(in fact these guys did)
With the exception of the gun of course, thats not civilian

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
+1 this...

Maybe it's not a specific vehicle but more a modification plan/blueprint to add on a truck, van , RV, bus etc and you would/could cut holes for inside visors or at least a gap but still +1 anyway.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Should require a lot of time and resources for a single person to build. I don't want everyone and their grandmother burning rubber down the street in them. Would also encourage players to cooperate.

Davz Not Here

Backer
In Dayz Origins there was a vehicle called the scrap apc, it was a custom vehicle presumably made by survivors before they died, it was made entirely from scratch and can be made from civilian parts.
(in fact these guys did)
With the exception of the gun of course, thats not civilian

there is another thread "Car Carriers" ..... you know, the lorries that haul cars to the dealer .....

it was eventually, mostly, agreed it should just be a prop asset, not drive-able ..... I had suggested it could be reinforced and fortified to make an RV sort of mobile vehicle .....

so i'd like to resurrect that idea here as a possible vehicle source, just imagine what could be done .... the frame is there already

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
Well thats a car carrier, this is literally an SUV with a ton of rusted steel welded onto it. Although you would be able to hide inside.

I would like to see a few scrap armored cars, y'know like the ones with machineguns. Heres a few example pictures. Keep in mind they will be scrap versions that will look semi similar in design to these.

Davz Not Here

Backer
well .... odds are it won't be military
but .....
it's possible that something like this could be crafted later in the game dev.
there are several threads on "armored" cars and such

Davz Not Here

Backer

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
Ok so you haven't got a car. You've been looting for a while and you have a lot of car parts. You also have trees around you, sheet metal and metal beams. Oh and a LOT of duck tape. Imagine being able to build your own custom vehicle using engine parts. Metal beams for chassis and sheet metal for side panels and armor then you could put what ever you want inside! Fridge, lock box, safes whatever!!! If your lucky you could also source mounted guns and bullet proof tires. Build yourself a DIY campervan.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Seems like the most appropriate place for these....
Pic:1 This is probably more modded for the use of general surviving has things like...
  • Mesh (chicken) wire attached to pipes over front windows so zeds don't come crashing through when you hit them but still gives good visibility.
  • Pipes and wire (could be barbed, probably risky) covering the wheel arches to stop zeds getting tangled up.
  • Pipes attached too the front bumper for less impact damage when hitting something... like a zed :D
  • Metal sheets covering the side and rear windows (with optional holes cut for shooting ;))
  • Metal sheet covering the engine bay doors for extra protection (slides like a domino lid :p)
  • Mud guards.. why not?...
Pic:2 Modifying it to have more protection like this might be more for a trader/caravan...
  • Full metal sheets covering the more vulnerable windows.
  • Metal sheets with holes cut covering the windows where most visibility is needed.
  • Metal sheets covering the engine for extra protection.
  • Pipes with metal sheet covering wheel arches for extra protection.
  • Pipes with barbed wire attached to the front bumper and along the bottom less impact damage, tangles up zeds for easy kills and stops zeds (and people) from climbing or crawling under.
  • Mesh wire covering rear window with a gap large enough to pass items through during a trade.

All these could be placed in any combination, their just some ideas... :D

I've added a blank version if anyone want's to add some ideas... that's probably it from me on the RV front on mods :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Templar

Survivor
Backer
I digg this concept a lot! Although we probably won't be able to create this:

Anything which progresses towards this concept is something I stand behind!

Templar

Survivor
Backer
Yep +1 from me!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Dead Reckoning or just Reckoning if I remember right :D

I could see something like this for a 18 wheeler or "Road Train"... maybe the missile's and amount of armour is a wee bit far' fetched :p

But still something to look at for ideas...