• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Customizing/Armoring/Modding/Upgrading Vehicles

Templar

Survivor
Backer
Dead Reckoning or just Reckoning if I remember right :D

I could see something like this for a 18 wheeler or "Road Train"... maybe the missile's and amount of armour is a wee bit far' fetched :p

But still something to look at for ideas...
Yup Death Reckoning alright :) Ain't she a beauty.. It has mounted machine guns in its windows aswell, allowing personnel to use them from the inside without zombies being able to reach them since the thick armor is in the way. Overall it is probably the most armored zombie apocalypse vehicle ever made in zombie fiction but it could reflect as to what we could indeed possibly build if such a mechanism is in place, namely a road train/18 wheeler would be pretty neat. It would require lots of rare parts, blue prints and alike though, and would take a long time to create. Something for the long term pro players who've been grinding enough to be able to build it, or something alike ofcourse.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yup Death Reckoning alright :) Ain't she a beauty.. It has mounted machine guns in its windows aswell, allowing personnel to use them from the inside without zombies being able to reach them since the thick armor is in the way. Overall it is probably the most armored zombie apocalypse vehicle ever made in zombie fiction but it could reflect as to what we could indeed possibly build if such a mechanism is in place, namely a road train/18 wheeler would be pretty neat. It would require lots of rare parts, blue prints and alike though, and would take a long time to create. Something for the long term pro players who've been grinding enough to be able to build it, or something alike ofcourse.
Guess you could also add modifying a train to the list... I don't think they are planned but their something that the devs and a good few of us would like to have someday... and who wouldn't want a haulage train engine and a few carriages looking like that :D

I would say boats too but modifying may alter their buoyancy, but I'm not too sure.

Last edited:

Rav Solo

Backer
  • Full customization, adding armor, spikes, traps

• Construction equipment that can be salvaged to add to another vehicle
    • Find a plow or bulldozer and take the scoop off and place it on the front of a truck
  • School bus and other larger vehicles like the RV
    • Ability to rip out the seats of the bus and add what you want.

• Have an RV trailer that you can tow with a pickup or jeep

• Firetruck with a water source

• Electrical truck with a personal lift.
  • Forklift to move large pallets of material from one place to a truck

• Semi (just because)

• Military vehicles like a 5-Ton Box truck, Humvee and Stryker

• Moving Trucks

• Yacht and Sailboats
For cars maybe The Club (anti theft device)

• Or to keep it easy have a 4 digit pin on the door and push start?
Notes: For some of the other vehicles that are game changers make them harder to get started or in a terrible location that would take a group to get to.

Moderator #104

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I believe everything here has been suggested. Please read the rules and do a search for ideas before posting so it doesn't overclutter the forums.

Lethargica

Backer
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, already. Implementation of features for tires like air pressure/grip. It would be nice if it were possible to destroy/flatten tires when things like nails have been driven over, too. The lack of grip obviously affects the 'slide acceleration', and the air pressure can simply affect max speed, steering speed, uneven height of the vehicle, etc. It can also open up more freedom of traps against other players, and silly circumstances that you'd see in everyday life. Overall, I think that having to take care of your vehicle(s) this extent will add a greater sense of survival and realism to the game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
If you ask the search bar nicely, it will find you things ;)
https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/vehicle-modifications.176/
https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/repairing-changing-tires.4205/#post-67484
https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/flat-tires-and-changing-wheels.1762/ <--- This one doesn't work @MODS!

Nice idea thou and at-least you know you thinking the right things, great minds think alike eh :D... just that the metric ton of terabytes in ideas suggested, is making it hard to think of new things hehe :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum and keep at it :)

Lethargica

Backer
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uAM7hVQcE0Q/maxresdefault.jpg
Useful when driving off-road during the nights, especially during winter time where night duration is longer. Draws a lot of attention to nearby NPCs/players, but is not at all impractical for the well equipped and experienced players. Should be craft-able seeing we have LED lights, wood, etc. I'd limit some freedom as to where you can place it on a vehicle and on what vehicle, to avoid silly exaggerated cases that players would lose to abuse.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Not a bad idea, don't see it requested anywhere else. I certainly think it'd be awesome to find one of these in a motor-store or craft one manually. I definitely think this would be very fitting to the Survive the Nights theme and agree that it is not at all impractical, I would definitely use these, especially if something such as my headlights aren't working, they can at the very least be a backup.

Index

Backer
How bout putting an electric cage around your vehicle with a car battery and metal piping but after awhile the battery would run out so it wouldn't be to overpowered.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
How bout putting an electric cage around your vehicle with a car battery and metal piping but after awhile the battery would run out so it wouldn't be to overpowered.
Hehe, it'd be like a giant bug zapper lighting up the sky at night... not sure I'd invest in having it on my vehicle but if it works good enough and is not too far'fetched then I don't see why not, maybe scale it to certain parts like the bumpers/rambar wrapped with some barbed wire and hooked up with jumper cables...

seansniper27

Backer
i would like to see an indepth vehicle modification system. i like the idea of say finding an angle grinder and cutting gun holes in the back of a van etc. or adding fench mesh over windows to improve defense from grabby people. you know who im talking about. but yeah. just generally vehicle modifications. The bestexample would be dawn of the dead (2004) those school busses :O.
This is an extraordinary idea like maybe say with a box truck you could build a mobile base inside the truck!
there is an rv that you get and can make a mobile base