• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Player Grouping/Friends Lists/In-Game Clan Menu

BOOMstyx

Backer
I think you shouldn't be able to instantly track your friends in-game and have to go through some sort of difficulty to find them, but all the tools needed should be provided in the game. (walkie talkies, vehicles, radios, etc.)
the walkie talkies and things might not be worth the effort. I mean if we were all playing this game in a vaccuum and the only tools that will be used are those in game then they would make sense. However, let's be real about this, A LOT of us use voip to communicate/socialize with friends online. I personally wouldn't bother with finding walkietalkies or radios/let alone waste and inventory slot on one when I have the people I'm playing with on TS or mumble. Cool idea, but the work put into them might be better spent on other parts of the games is all I mean.

Moderator #64

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
the walkie talkies and things might not be worth the effort. I mean if we were all playing this game in a vaccuum and the only tools that will be used are those in game then they would make sense. However, let's be real about this, A LOT of us use voip to communicate/socialize with friends online. I personally wouldn't bother with finding walkietalkies or radios/let alone waste and inventory slot on one when I have the people I'm playing with on TS or mumble. Cool idea, but the work put into them might be better spent on other parts of the games is all I mean.
That is true. I guess people will be using TS, or Mumble instead of using in-game items. They will have to put items in there like that though because not EVERYONE will be using a communication program as described in your quote. I will be using those personally but other people will not. So create the items but do not go into extreme detail with how they work. Just simple features.

BOOMstyx

Backer
That is true. I guess people will be using TS, or Mumble instead of using in-game items. They will have to put items in there like that though because not EVERYONE will be using a communication program as described in your quote. I will be using those personally but other people will not. So create the items but do not go into extreme detail with how they work. Just simple features.
you have a point. there are players who will use the ingame items for the sake of immersion alone. actually, i might forgo mumble for that very reason if they put the time and effort into making them a part of the game.

Iain

Backer
Everyone knows it's very difficult to find a friend when you're just beginning to learn a big map. So if a friend list or clans are implemented, you could see them on you're map or better on you're GPS (if you're friend also has a GPS). Just exchange GPS codes and you're good to go. Or less realistically see them on you're map.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I think ideas similar to this one have been posted but this one might be a little different. But I feel like adding it would ruin a little bit of the fun that comes with trying to identify where your friend is and finding them using landmarks. This might also take away from having to identify whether a person is or not as you can just seem them on your GPS. This might just be my opinion though but I feel I wouldn't want it, or it would have to be slightly tweaked in a way, maybe make it so it only updates every 5-10 minutes, although good suggestion.

Vidaar

Renegade Gamer!
Backer
I Was Wondering I Play Games With Alot of friends and its hard because some games don't have a party system or grouping system like dayz and Rust there are Mods and plugins that allow party/groups but most are buggy.

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer

henrikcomn

Backer
In the gameplay videoes so far, we have only followed a single player.
Here we are told that it is very important to lock your doors, both in houses and in vehicles, this way nobody else can get in and steal your stuff.

So what if you are playing with a buddy, and you find a house. You then go out an scavenge. Your buddy locks the door and goes hunting and you go looking for ways to defend your new home.

You return to the house before your friend, who is killed without you knowing it. The night arrives and you decide to go inside and wait. But you cant! because he locked the door, not you. So in theory he "owns" the house.

So, making a group/clan, or call it whatever you will system you and your buddy(s) always own and have acces to the same things.. A system like this could have many other benifits, perhaps the ability to have roles if you are a very big group.

Boone

Zombie Fanatic
Backer
Very nice idea of group system and good question as well, I would also like to see a group system added..

To your question about locks, would it not be wise to make a "copy" of your key for the house / trailer, perhaps finding a Mold in game and using Clay / Steel over a fire you can Mold a key and hand them out to your squad / friends.

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
^^ I think what @Boone has said is spot on, to add to the immersion of the game I feel you will have to craft the key from a mold like what @Boone has said!

I don't think there should be a "group" system at all. Maybe on a external website (a bit like how star citizen / battlefield have done it) would be the best way.. We also have steam in which we can use too.. :p

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah being able to make duplicates would be great I think they did they same thing in DayZ Epoch but I can't remember. It's something that would take some gear to do and if you gave out too many keys then someone much less then friendly might end up with one. On the gear needed like Boone said you would need some metal and a mold but you would also need a crucible, tong's and a blowtorch. Grouping in diffrent ways has been suggested b4 and I agree with Lord Goose I wouldn't want the ability to mark people as friend's like it's been said in a diffrent thread having a dot above someones head would be wierd.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
They did in Dayz Epoch.
You needed a "tool makers kit" and some bronze or some metal and the key to be copied to make one key.
Cool I thought I remebered Epoch having that feature but it's been awhile since I played Epoch.

Something I have been thinking about what about going tribal and having tatoo's to signify clan membership. It would also be cool if we could add emblems like some of the DayZ mod servers allow, or maybe homemade patchs that could be added to clothing.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
You could always just hide the original key under the pot plant :p
lol yeah you could do that there are also the hollow rocks that people like to use to hide keys, it would also be cool if you could booby trap the potted plant of fake rock. You could have multiple around the house and only one would have a key the others could have traps attached or under them, like a small home made I.E.D. or alarm.