• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Radio & TV Stations/Towers

Davz Not Here

Backer
does noise attract zombies ?

when one is faced with the idea of impending death, via cannibalistic freaks who want naught but to rend, not just the flesh, but the sinew, and to suck the very marrow from your bones, and not in a very H.D. Thoreau friendly sort of way ...... one must truly ask ones self ..... is listening to 'Karn Evil 9', or a modern rendition of 'Fanfare for the Common Man', or 'Sinister Minister', or even 'It's a Wonderful World' truly that important .....

now ..... to my original question .....

Seems like it might to me ..... i see a whole lot of back slapping over some good ole' music ..... but no one asking the common sense question (no ..... i didn't read EVERY post ...... a bunch of them from each page though)

Davz Not Here

Backer
if shortwave radios were added as an item ..... it would increase the use of a radio station.
radio stations (gen. speaking) have freq. capabilities for emergency, tv, and weather, as well as standard AM / FM

mods feel free to let me know if the item suggest here is too far off topic and i'll scoot it

Thread starter #66

CmndrWolf

Im liking the new ideas for the radio station, what people plan or might do with radio stations and mods for the radio stations. if I was DJing at a radio station and someone was stuck in a city surrounded by zombies and asked for music like random music not specifying what to play. I would probably play these songs 1. escape from the city sonic (classic) 2. cosmic castaway 3. standing on the roof tops. these songs would seem like good ones to listen to while fighting for survival against the horde hopeing that help will come to save you in your darkest hour or in an RV steamrolling through a horde of zombies. like the progress this page has made keep coming up with ideas and thoughts for the radio station.
as all ways have a good week survivors

Last edited:

Little Jimmy

Backer
i think that having one or two radio stations around the map that work would be nice, of course you would need to fix them and make them run with a sustainable power source. this idea of a radio station would introduce the idea of portable radios and maybe a build able radio station that if you were under attack you could send out a s.o.s or if your looking to attract people for what ever reason or repel people it would be a good idea.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I think this may have been suggested before, I am bad at providing sources but someone will cover my lazyness :p.

But great idea non the less, having forms of comminucation/entertainment like this is really what this genre misses(thats my opinion anyway). I think there MIGHT be cb radios but i'm not sure if that was a working feature or it's something they want too do, which is the next best thing if they don't have a radio station.

Edit: This should be under suggestions aswell bud ;), and here is the disscusion about it.....
http://community.survivethenights.n...adio-suggestion-lockpicks-lots-to-read-_.355/

:D Seems i'm not so lazy.

Thread starter #69

CmndrWolf

Im glad to see that they unlocked the thread. which is why I haven't updated it in a while and its nice to see new additions to the idea of radio stations and there possibal role or function in the game. it will be nice to see this thread thriving with new ideas again.

Last edited:
Thread starter #70

CmndrWolf

I think this may have been suggested before, I am bad at providing sources but someone will cover my lazyness :p.

But great idea non the less, having forms of comminucation/entertainment like this is really what this genre misses(thats my opinion anyway). I think there MIGHT be cb radios but i'm not sure if that was a working feature or it's something they want too do, which is the next best thing if they don't have a radio station.

Edit: This should be under suggestions aswell bud ;), and here is the disscusion about it.....
http://community.survivethenights.n...adio-suggestion-lockpicks-lots-to-read-_.355/

:D Seems i'm not so lazy.
ah ok nice maybe these two threads could work in tandum with each other because this thread was originally and still is ment to talk about a radio station building from the core of the thread. the equipment came later then the songs ext. ext. but ya my thread and the other guys thread could and possible can work together maybe who knows. but thank you for sharing this info with me.

Thread starter #71

CmndrWolf

so just a quick question all be it that I probably now the answer to this question but. how many people im guessing a lot would act like three dog from fallout 3 in the radio station. seeing as how fallout 4 is coming out so I thought id ask that question.

TheWoodMaker

Backer
This would be a great addition and by maybe taking over one you could communicate across the island. Maybe making or finding parts to make the radio more powerful. This definitely has many variations that could make this good

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
Mabye a radio station with a climbable radio tower that would be a great spot for snipers. the building itself would be small, and it would explain how people learn about the "going ons" of the rest of the world on the island.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I like it. It would be a good place to find some lore regarding the early happenings of the outbreak, scattered faxes and notes as the news screw scrambled for information, maybe even some voice messages left on their phones.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1
Love this idea, not only adds variation but some pre-life to the island as-well.

Would be super cool if you could get those camera's to work and broadcast stuff. :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
does noise attract zombies ?

when one is faced with the idea of impending death, via cannibalistic freaks who want naught but to rend, not just the flesh, but the sinew, and to suck the very marrow from your bones, and not in a very H.D. Thoreau friendly sort of way ...... one must truly ask ones self ..... is listening to 'Karn Evil 9', or a modern rendition of 'Fanfare for the Common Man', or 'Sinister Minister', or even 'It's a Wonderful World' truly that important .....

now ..... to my original question .....

Seems like it might to me ..... i see a whole lot of back slapping over some good ole' music ..... but no one asking the common sense question (no ..... i didn't read EVERY post ...... a bunch of them from each page though)

to play Devils Adv. to my own statement .....

mentality boost - bad days made better by great music)
production boost - cleaning the house and chopping wood are always better with 'Rage Against the Machine'
sleeping aid - sketchy but soothing