• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Radio & TV Stations/Towers

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
it might open the door for some trolling .....
Nah I have my foot behind it :D
1: this building was something that we (players) could fortify and hold
2: the broadcasting gear could be brought back into use
3: weather, zombie horde, PvP, and other event reports, could be broadcast ..... by players, for players
Exactly the thing I had in mind when thinking of it and how it could add more than just a building.

Wouldn't it be great to find a zombie wearing a nice suit & tie and with something like sweat pants?.
Jerry Springer Zombie?

Davz Not Here

Backer
There is a precedent for an Island TV studio. Falkland Islands has one (check out www.fitv.co.fk) so even if you put in a small studio that would have normally covered weather and local news/interest stories, that would be appropriate for Black Island
+1

look at the new guy go

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
Just a thought. Will radio towers be climbable and able to be bordered up so that you have an off ground 1 entrance secure base?

JB_

Developer
Developer
They contain no real structure to them. We'd love to add a function to them in the future and likely will be adding small shelters to their bases where all the guts of the thing would be. Perhaps we can make that a small securable structure, the towers themselves could also use a nice polish at which point adding a ladder would add to the realism. Good idea!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer

CrypticLuxury

Backer
Am i the only one that's thinking maybe a radio station could be built, certain broadcast equipment and handheld radios to find other survivors

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Am i the only one that's thinking maybe a radio station could be built, certain broadcast equipment and handheld radios to find other survivors
No, you're not the only one! We've sort of 'explored' the idea over here: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/.
Hand held radios are confirmed in the game. Obviously you'll need extra batteries for them.
Other transmitting towers can be seen on the pre-release map here: https://www.survivethenights.net/map [note: I can only view this properly using firefox on my Win 10 machine].
I don't think we'll need to build one. But perhaps getting one of the existing towers operational might be a long job?

CrypticLuxury

Backer
No, you're not the only one! We've sort of 'explored' the idea over here: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/.
Hand held radios are confirmed in the game. Obviously you'll need extra batteries for them.
Other transmitting towers can be seen on the pre-release map here: https://www.survivethenights.net/map [note: I can only view this properly using firefox on my Win 10 machine].
I don't think we'll need to build one. But perhaps getting one of the existing towers operational might be a long job?
Yeah, I saw the handhelds on the roadmap. Towers I guess would add a sense of realism to a zombie outbreak, broadcast over several ingame frequencies to find other survivors

Last edited by a moderator:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Whilst not entirely in line with the thread, it has given me an idea. In Russia there's a strange radio signal which has been broadcast since 1973 no ones entirely sure what it is, could be a relic of the coldwar. UVB-76 is quite a curiosity there are many others around the world some govt others unknown. I'll pitch an idea, strange radio signals in game perhaps morse code which the intelligent player can interpret. They could lead to great loot cache's with the source of the signal being discovered the player can send out their own coded message perhaps after dispatching? the existing operator or discovering his/her remains. I love the mystery surrounding it venturing out into the wild no clue whats out there homing in on a signal. Might be the players untimely demise, a trap set by another group of players or a NPC hazard perhaps could give valuable loot and rare backstory.