• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Stealth, Sneaking and Hiding.

Applejaxc

Backer
I think the focus would be to set up traps and protect yourself, not just suddenly hide under the bed crying.
If you're shotgun trap kills 1 zombie, then attracts 10 more, the It's an "okay idea, but I doubt it'd be very effective" as you say. <3

BOOMstyx

Backer
something to consider when picking a place to make base camp. might look for a place with a lockable/easy to fortify spot like an attic or basement.

Smacks

Backer
Has anyone ever been in the trunk (Boot) of a car before? There is little to no room to do anything, you lucky if you can get a full breath. I personally am 6 ft 2 inches, and 285 lbs. My big butt is not going to fit into any ones trunk (Boot).

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
Has anyone ever been in the trunk (Boot) of a car before? There is little to no room to do anything, you lucky if you can get a full breath. I personally am 6 ft 2 inches, and 285 lbs. My big butt is not going to fit into any ones trunk (Boot).
Infact I have been in one. And it was a pretty big trunk. We fit two people in the back and I was still able to move around. I'm as tall as you but only weigh 182 lbs. It all depends on the car to determine the trunk (Boot) size

Moderator #51

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Backer
Well, I just think it would be a good way to potentially infiltrate an area, or carry an extra person or two if you are out of room in the passenger compartment, etc.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I can see this working like this....

"M-Dawg Killed Little Bambi FooFoo"

Me: Uh what? I just shot a few times in the trunk to scare that guy off.
My Bambi Execution Squad team member: Must have been an idiot laying in the trunk.

Applejaxc

Backer
This was the only part of the DayZ sub-mods I enjoyed. Hiding in the trunk of a van and getting driven into someone's base, waiting for them to log out, then looting their tents to your heart's content (AKA inventory capacity)? It was great. In a pinch, trying to hide in the trunk of a car that looks abandoned and nonfunctional could also be a great way to avoid a roving horde or bandits if you're the non confrontational type.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
I think this picture illustrates my point perfectly. The is no way a person in a trunk of a car is going to be doing anything. Much less using it aas a Trojan horse with all of his/her gear.
What are you talking about? That is two people In the back of a trunk? If you were alone laying in the trunk you would have enough room to Bring a handgun and possibly a small SMG. (Even though firing one off in the back of it would kill your ears) You'd have more than enough room to fill up pretty much a lot of your gear.

Applejaxc

Backer
Well those of us that aren't so well endowed don't have such problems maneuvering in the boots of automobiles. I'm personally near 6 foot and pushing 140ibs, and I have no trouble crawling from the trunk of my mother's Ford Fiesta into the back seat or my stepfathers... whatever the hell sedan it is. There's at least enough room to maneuver a single-handed firearm and in modern vehicles I don't think there's really much threat of suffocation. Worst case scenario, you punch out a tail light. The issue is getting back out of the trunk.

umthala

Jaffa-Shrek Beta Donater
Backer

:p
Hello everyone on the forums!

I haven't seen any stealth threads (maybe i'm just not looking hard enough)

But I really wanted the stealth system in this game to be delicate and fine tuned.

Some of my ideas:
-Prone: No noise/lowest level of visibility/SLOW
-Crouching: Quiet/not as slow as prone/Low visibility
-Rolling: Slight visibility but no noise
-Coloring cloths black or green, OR EVEN GILLIE SUITS!!!
PLEASE SUGGEST IDEAS BELOW!!!