• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Stealth, Sneaking and Hiding.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
From what I have seen from the videos sneaking while crouched you can get fairly close to zombies with out attracting them. Although I don't think clothing should affect your sneaking on zombies as it seems the zombies mostly are affected by sound, more then sight. I think they will have a pretty good stealth system in the game already to allow players to not always be fighting zombies.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
That is true but very bright clothing or items should attract zombies. Like a flare for example or fire.
: / hmmm... well most the zombies seen in the vids seem to stay indoors in the daylight, to the point where it wouldn't matter what color your shirt was from inside a building.

umthala

Jaffa-Shrek Beta Donater
Backer
From what I have seen from the videos sneaking while crouched you can get fairly close to zombies with out attracting them. Although I don't think clothing should affect your sneaking on zombies as it seems the zombies mostly are affected by sound, more then sight. I think they will have a pretty good stealth system in the game already to allow players to not always be fighting zombies.
Can you suggest something for stealth cause I already knew that.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Can you suggest something for stealth cause I already knew that.
Well, since its already in the game we have to suggest something to make stealth better. But from what it looks like, the stealth system looks fine as is. Although its hard to say that because, I haven't played the game and I do not know how the stealth system works 100%, so it makes it hard to suggest something to make it better as it is.

umthala

Jaffa-Shrek Beta Donater
Backer
Well, since its already in the game we have to suggest something to make stealth better. But from what it looks like, the stealth system looks fine as is. Although its hard to say that because, I haven't played the game and I do not know how the stealth system works 100%, so it makes it hard to suggest something to make it better as it is.
ok then, howabout character movements, like parkour or looking around corners...

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
ok then, howabout character movements, like parkour or looking around corners...
Parkour doesn't exactly sound stealth.

Stealth is already in the game, how can we make it better?? or how can we make it different from other games?

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I think they will probably add a lean feature in the game. (actually I think it was in a video) but although it doesn't have to be stealthy, I would like to see some minor parkour or just some climbing and stuff, if there is a horde after me I want to be able to jump a fence or climb a chain link one. I would like to be able to pull myself up to ledges as well.

Maybe to infiltrate enemys or if the seats are already full and the space in the trunk lets you to lay into it? Also it will be uncomfortable so you cant lay in there for hours before your back hurts or such thing :D
i like it cause if you find someone scavenging supplies and you lay in the trunk and follow them to there base or home, then do what ever you want from there

Moderator #73

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
It would be nice to have some hiding mechanics in the game, I think this goes into the "gameplay" section. not character as it is technically a gameplay mechanic.

Tally Ho!

Bhikshu

Backer
The anti stealth skill could be a hunting skill, like tracking. The better the person is at hunting the better the player would be at noticing other players.

A lot of it will have to do with the AI of zombie behavior, you can be very stealthy and careful but if the AI knows your every position even if you're hiding then there's no point. I believe this game will have a lot of great stealth and real zombie AI behavior, I think the Devs have a good idea about realism. Focus more on the survival aspect instead of gun blazing action.

Takaii

Backer
Stealth would be awesome, it should be like DayZ arma2 mod but improved obiviously because it's kind of bugged on there.