• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Meme Dump

Thread starter Moderator #1

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
A lot of threads have been derailed or cluttered up, mostly with memes, that eventually lead to nonsense throughout the thread.

So I politely ask, that if you feel it necessary to post a meme please do so here, place a link to the thread along with it, so we can see it in context.

This is especially important for some of the more serious sections, such as general Discussion and Suggestions, or any other section that may have a direct impact on the way the devs implement any ideas and feedback from the community.

Cheers in advance for your cooperation.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I know I have probably derailed a thread, never on purpose I just like to joke... but knowing I am a possible cause to the clutter, i'll cut it back.

Thread starter Moderator #3

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I know I have probably derailed a thread, never on purpose I just like to joke... but knowing I am a possible cause to the clutter, i'll cut it back.
Cheers dude. To be honest I think most people have derailed a thread or two at some point, it doesn't matter as much in off topic, introductions etc, cos those sections are for general banter, but if it's a section for things that may be implemented into the game then the devs have to trawl through pages of nonsense, hence this thread and indeed my current forum cleaning :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
Is it optional or do we have to? I don't post memes but I'm just wondering.
reading strats post it sounds like a request

and if you want get straight to it, just so we can avoid splitting hairs all the way down to the core truth .....

you can do whatever you want ..... a blatant ignoring of the request will most likely be frowned upon. by everyone ..... and if the devs have to work harder because of our clutter ...... i bet there should never be another post about server stress test delays

::serious sarcasm in case it didn't translate in text::

Thread starter Moderator #6

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
Is it optional or do we have to? I don't post memes but I'm just wondering.
Optional lol, you don't have to post memes, but if you do, it's preferable you post them here and not in a thread where it will derail and add clutter to the thread.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Just one thing... is a meme another meaning for refrence?
This is the first time I have seen that phrase o_O

Davz Not Here

Backer
Just one thing... is a meme another meaning for refrence?
This is the first time I have seen that phrase o_O

i do hope you are being facetious .....

if not ..... a meme is a small quip with a pop. culture-esque picture

also know as "the only way left to communicate with large portions of the dumb-ed down population"

Thread starter Moderator #9

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer

Attachments

Davz Not Here

Backer
although in all seriousness .....
and maybe to split a few hairs now as opposed to later .....

@strategos2411 ...... does this apply to photos and vids .... if so / not ..... where in the sand, is the line?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
i do hope you are being facetious .....

if not ..... a meme is a small quip with a pop. culture-esque picture

also know as "the only way left to communicate with large portions of the dumb-ed down population"
Nope I really didn't know what that meant... I have just looked up the meaning, how much of a dick do I sound with the above comment *doh*.

Last edited:
Thread starter Moderator #12

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
although in all seriousness .....
and maybe to split a few hairs now as opposed to later .....

@strategos2411 ...... does this apply to photos and vids .... if so / not ..... where in the sand, is the line?
If the photo/video is relevant and adds genuine value to the original post, or growth of the idea from the original post, then it's all good. Obviously we all have different standards or ideas as to what would add value to each thread, so I'd advise that everyone use their common sense.

If you are posting pics/vids/memes for sh*ts and giggles, chances are it is not adding anything to the thread and should be posted here. This allows folks to still have their fun, while keeping genuine suggestions/threads clear of unnecessary clutter :)

Edit - (When I say 'you' in this post, I mean all forum members, and not just you)

Davz Not Here

Backer
If the photo/video is relevant and adds genuine value to the original post, or growth of the idea from the original post, then it's all good. Obviously we all have different standards or ideas as to what would add value to each thread, so I'd advise that everyone use their common sense.

If you are posting pics/vids/memes for sh*ts and giggles, chances are it is not adding anything to the thread and should be posted here. This allows folks to still have their fun, while keeping genuine suggestions/threads clear of unnecessary clutter :)

Edit - (When I say 'you' in this post, I mean all forum members, and not just you)

we appreciate the clarification

which is why i ask the silly questions before they make things silly

Davz Not Here

Backer
i posted this more recently on another thread, where it was promptly taken down (and in retrospect, rightfully so, considering the context of the thread) .....

so here it is again, minus the vitriol

most days, after just a few interactions with ..... people (term used loosely) ..... i saya quiet prayer for no safety labels and an ice age (in that order)

and for those who take this meme in ANY WAY SERIOUSLY ..... ::snicker:: .well .....

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer

Good to be back...