• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Menatlity (mass murder)

Thread starter #1

Davz Not Here

Backer
so we were talking about a water tower in this thread

http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/water-tower.2103/#post-41316

and the idea of poisoning it, since it is a needed resource .....

mass murder (or making a mass of people sick) .....

how does it play into the whole 'mentality' system .....

we're not talking about self defense, or even the 'worst case' cold blooded murder ..... mass murder (sickness) is a whole other monster ......

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
My thought on this is, If it is intentional then there should be a huge hit on your mentality but this depends if other systems are in play maybe... such as character stats... like if someone is playing as a bandit I imagine they would have less of a hit on mentality but this profession, career or playstyle ( I don't know what they will be) should have some kind of penalty for the long run, but that is another topic I guess for when they tell us... Also are these people you are about to poison good/bad and are you in an on-going conflict with them, all this kind of stuff should be taken into consideration I think.

Thread starter #3

Davz Not Here

Backer
My thought on this is, If it is intentional then there should be a huge hit on your mentality but this depends if other systems are in play maybe... such as character stats... like if someone is playing as a bandit I imagine they would have less of a hit on mentality but this profession, career or playstyle ( I don't know what they will be) should have some kind of penalty for the long run, but that is another topic I guess for when they tell us... Also are these people you are about to poison good/bad and are you in an on-going conflict with them, all this kind of stuff should be taken into consideration I think.
YES !!!!!!

see this is where i was going ..... mass murder, is a whole large ass step away from 'the norm' of ::snicker:: "being all f@#$ed up"

it's just not the same as some of the other, more 'base' aspects of the human condition, while under duress.
it's open to all sorts of weird and convoluted forms of justifications and reasoning, based on a wide array of minutia and variables