• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Mental state idea - Hallucinations

Thread starter #1

ZeeZ

The power within
Backer
You have already written that strange things will happen when your mental state gets low.
Hands shaking, noises and such, but i think it would be cool (and more scary) if you're not sure if it was the low mental state, or something in the game world.

For example, you are on low mental health but suddenly you spot something in the distance. A zombie, a player, or is it just in your head?

What i mean is that you can't always know if it was your mental state or the real thing in the game.

The things could be, seeing a person or zombie in the distant.
Hear a distant gunshot.
Hear footsteps behind you.
Hear a scream or laugh behind you or in the distant.
See shadows that moves.
Hear a distant car driving. Away or coming closer to you.

I hope i explained well enough what I mean.
And I apologizes if it is already something you have listed. I just couldn't find it.

Last edited:

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Really good ideas. This would make the game pretty scary :)
Someone mentioned something like this but not in the backers section he said that the character should be shaky sometimes and have problem closing doors and such. Also, have the players around such person see him shaking, and hear him breathing harder maybe even hear the character crazy talking. Cool, huh? It'd be nice at least in my opinion.

Thread starter #3

ZeeZ

The power within
Backer
Exactly.
That way it is also more unpleasant, and unwanted to go low on mental health.
And the having trouble opening doors , and other basic stuff is also a great idea :)

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Exactly.
That way it is also more unpleasant, and unwanted to go low on mental health.
And the having trouble opening doors , and other basic stuff is also a great idea :)
Yes! This kill on sight problem has being going on for way too long on almost every game. Not that this game won't have some people killing you on sight just for your granola bar, but it should at least make people think twice before doing such thing.

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
Maybe parts disappearing from machines or your lock box becoming unlocked randomly to represent the your characters psychosis.

Thread starter #6

ZeeZ

The power within
Backer
Maybe parts disappearing from machines or your lock box becoming unlocked randomly to represent the your characters psychosis.
Yeah.
Or even make it look like there is a can of food on the floor but when you try to pick it up it disappears, and of course other players do not see the can.

The things could be, seeing a person or zombie in the distant.
Hear a distant gunshot.
Hear footsteps behind you.
Hear a scream or laugh behind you or in the distant.
See shadows that moves.
Hear a distant car driving. Away or coming closer to you.
This sound really cool, but it might actually affect my IRL mental health. :p

Ulf Hoffman

Dungeon Keeper
Backer
just make their vision worse, and their movements more uncontrollable that will turn them Rusters in another direction.

refuseresist

Backer
All good ideas from ZeeZ and I wish to see all that happen. Mental health failing shouldn't be something that can be disregarded and I really, really wish the game implements this well. It would be one thing that would raise this game above others in the genre.

My suggestion is, that if sleep is essential, maybe make sleeping being more and more difficult? Sleep is something that starts acting up if someone would have problems in IRL and all that right?

Zero33

Backer
Holy s**t, that would be so damn awesome! Maybe you also see players randomly as zombies, so it looks like he is a zombie and you don't know is he really an zombie or is it just your mental state?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #12

ZeeZ

The power within
Backer
Holy s**t, that would be so damn awesome! Maybe you also see players randomly as zombies, so it looks like he is a zombie and you don't know is he really an zombie or is it just your mental state?
UUUUH that is a nice idea :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellemirsa

Ji Moon
Backer
This idea is very cool. But penalizing KoS/PvP... it needs to be regulated somehow... for example, killing 10 Players in a row as self defense because of a raid from a "clan", would that be a thing to be punished for? It would be unfair. I don't know...

I agree with @Ellemirsa. There has to be a way to separate KOS killing to steal their stuff and PVP defending yourself cause they attacked first.

Maybe if you attack someone and kill them with out them causing damage to you first then you get a "Red Flag" to your character that lasts for 24 hours. If during that time you attack and kill another person with out provocation, them attacking you first, then you receive a "Black Flag" rating which means that anyone that you kill, even in self defense will count against your Mental Stability for the next 24 hours. And the 24 hour clock keeps getting reset each time you kill someone.

This way players who want to play the KOS will either wreck their Mental stability real fast and suffer the consequences or be forced to wait 24 hours for their status to drop back down to "Red Flag" then another 24 hours to clear that. This could help slow the KOS PVP in the game. Plus how ever much time it takes to repair their Mental Stability.

Note that other players would not be able to see these flags. They would just be markers on your screen letting you know you are under either Red or Black flag. (Or what ever the Devs decide to call it.).

Also during the time that you are under a "Black Flag" any player that kills you does not receive any Mental Stability penalty unless they are also under a "Black Flag." This would help those players that get attacked by either a single or group of KOS PVPers and have to fight their way out. No reason for you to get penalized cause another player or group wants to take your stuff. Your just defending yourself.

This could slow down individual and group raids on other players if they have to risk taking MSL (Mental Stability Loss) and putting themselves under a "Black Flag" for 24 hours then a "Red Flag" for another 24. Again plus the time it would take to repair their MSL. So this could limit repeated raiding for 48 plus hours.

I love the idea of a person with low MS (Mental Stability) hearing noise outside their safe house at night. sounds of zombies moving around. People whispering. Maybe sounds like zombies trying to break down a door or in through a window so they have to spend the whole night facing the door with their weapon out just in case it really is a zombie trying to break in.

Zipp3n^

Backer
I agree, it would be scary for five minutes. Maybe a slender man that stand very far away and just looking at you.