• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Military Checkpoints

Thread starter #1

Michael Jones

Backer
This is going to be a post apocalyptic game so I think some military checkpoints on main roads would be a great addition to the game. The military checkpoints would have a destroyed tank, destroyed Humvees, sandbag walls, or even some quarantine/biohazard signs. A military checkpoint would be a great spawn location for weapons or even some military based clothing such as combat boots or camo jackets/pants.

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think this has been suggested before, StN is going to stay away from the military side of things from what I've seen/heard from the devs.

Thread starter #3

Michael Jones

Backer
I agree but not having even a small military presence kind of takes away from the whole post apocalyptic feel.

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
Well, not necessarily IMO, just for the fact that if s**t hits the fan everywhere, the majority of military aid will be in larger cities and such, places of more importance than a rural islands, or small group of islands.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I agree but not having even a small military presence kind of takes away from the whole post apocalyptic feel.
That does depend on whether the dev's are going to have some lore to "The Island" (does it have a name yet btw?).

But good idea none the less.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Well, not necessarily IMO, just for the fact that if shit hits the fan everywhere, the majority of military aid will be in larger cities and such, places of more importance than a rural islands, or small group of islands.
Indeed. maybe this was the place that they started the outbreak on, would you want your military there knowing what you where going too do?

My apologies for going off-topic OP ;) *tries to push it back on*

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
As far as we know there will be no military equipment, which I guess means no military presence. There may be military style clothing(?), but no weapons, vehicles etc. Obviously things may change over time, but as it stands I don't think we will see military checkpoints on Black Island (The???)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
That's a minor bummer, but they'll make it up with everything else.

Moderator #10

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
I actually like the idea of not having military grade gear everywhere... I personally feel it will be much more immersive as a survival game, and less like a straight up FPS with zombies.

Thread starter #11

Michael Jones

Backer
I actually like the idea of not having military grade gear everywhere... I personally feel it will be much more immersive as a survival game, and less like a straight up FPS with zombies.
I agree but having a military vehicles destroyed would be for cosmetics only.

Vookem

Zombies don't like cheese....
Backer
This is going to be a post apocalyptic game so I think some military checkpoints on main roads would be a great addition to the game. The military checkpoints would have a destroyed tank, destroyed Humvees, sandbag walls, or even some quarantine/biohazard signs. A military checkpoint would be a great spawn location for weapons or even some military based clothing such as combat boots or camo jackets/pants.
Like the idea, but mabe more towards police/swat instead since they dont want military ingame.