• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Military flashlights

Should this be in the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davz Not Here

Backer
going to cast a vote for 'YES'

this style, while referred to as "military", is actually very common and easy to find, walmarts, almost ANY mil. surplus / army-navy store, i. goldberg used to sell them, i bet you can find them in Eastern Mt. Sports (and similar stores) .....

although i am betting that, out side of a surplus store, the color 'olive drab' will not be the predominant color (betting black is)

i also really like the idea of colored lenses especially if the DEVS do some research on the various distances certain light waves will travel. ..... i have a kick ass little head lamp. it has a regular LED bright ass white light ..... but it also has a red light ..... any one who hunts knows about the distance red light illuminates ..... it's also harder to see from a distance .....

multiple colors would be great for teams of survivors to ID each other in shifty situations

and as an added 'craft item', we can take an exact o knife, or straight razor and maybe carve a picture in to the color lens ..... now you really have a clan / team / personalized ID in the dark

Last edited:

mushdigger

Master Blaster
Backer
To be honest I can see the character spawning with one of these or finding them as their first item, they are extremely common, durable and reliable. But trust me when I say they are not practical, big, bulky, and the best use I have seen out of them is clipping them to your plate carrier and reading maps at night (L Lights), and I have used colored lights for signaling of different fire-teams. LED lights should be a rarer and better equivalent to this.