• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Military Uniforms

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
The devs have said that military loot will not be in the game, not too sure about clothing though...

@JB_ @Jayty @Niels Kooi

Could you confirm please?

Thanks.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I think the devs were really ambigious when they said no military equipment because yes you can consider certain weapons military grade but you also have to think about how frequent they are. AR-15's and similar rifles are used a lot by police and like it was said before a lot of people own then, they even sell them at my local hardware store. I think the dev's need to be clearer because there are so many military style items that are so common and cheap, for example I have a infared monoculer. Military stuff is used for hunting a lot thats why military surplus stores get so much bussiness, and why they sell new hunting supplies right next to old military packs and clothing.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I have no problem with military clothing, like I said with gear there is such much of it sold to every day civillians and there are ton's of civillian knock off's. I own a military style trench coat made by levi strauss and I would really like to get it in game.

I also like the idea of old military clothing from WWII or WWI it would be cool to have a old trench coat or backpack, finding a old officers cap would be pretty cool to.

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
Sounds good :)

I'd like to think they would different variations. In the british armed forces. we have MTP (Multi-Terrain Pattern) and DPM (Disrupted Pattern Material) See below for images.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah that would be cool I always like British camo patterns. I would also like some german camo patterns since they are also pretty popular with military fans and Mil surplus stores.

Modern German Flacktarn
Jacket

Splinter

Snow

Moderator #10

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think it also depends on the region it is supposed to be set in... some very basic mil. camo would be alright, or standard hunting camo of several types is alright IMO, but full blown ballistic vests, helmets, plate carriers, etc... would be a little OP in this game I think.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I actually don't think there would be a problem with old helmets, they would be interesting looking and they wouldn't be too op I believe. Helmets especially the older ones are worn to protect from shrapnel not actual gun shot's, so it might provide some protection versus a really low caliber round but I think they would mostly help with melee. A old ballistic vest is about the same, they do protect from low caliber rounds and possibly a shotgun shell but they were mainly used in the military to protect from shrapnel. I wouldn't mind a old vietnam or similar era kevlar vest, especially since police use similar but more modern armor and you can easilly buy one yourself. They should only protect from really low caliber rounds and low yield explosive traps and melee since some vests are cut resistent.

I am with you on plate carriers though, they can be bought but they are too modern for my tastes but I wouldn't mind a DIY version of a plate vest A fistful of Dollars style. http://cdn5.movieclips.com/mgm/a/a-fistful-of-dollars-1964/0383812_4579_MC_Tx360.jpg
There are all kinds of ways to make DIY plate armor with ceramic tile from your bathroom or straight metal. I posted a thread already for cut resistent clothing modifications in the form of home made chainmail.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I wouldn't mind some realtree or multicam jackets/cargo pants, popular among hunters.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I wouldn't mind some realtree or multicam jackets/cargo pants, popular among hunters.
That would be pretty cool, I useally don't like tree hunting camo but I just looked up the real tree camo and it looks pretty cool. I especially like the winter real tree camo it looks very similar to the old winter german camo.

Hunting camo would be a lot more frequent then military camo clothing but probably wouldn't be as durable then the military equivilent.

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
I don't think it should be focused on more than one army, to be honest. If it's something that happened in a US area, I'm sure National Guard would have responded during the outbreak, so I could see their uniforms being used. I dunno lol, having two different armies in the same location during a zombie outbreak is a bit weird to me.

mushdigger

Master Blaster
Backer
If I see Multicam in a survival game, said survival game will be my favorite game.

man_wond

Backer
wouldnt people be more like to have uniforms from nam or the golf or peace keeper vets or home guard even