• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Modular Shelter's

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Something I would like to see that would be a item and a building would be modular panel shelters. They are recent temporary shelters made to be easily moved and constructed, they are made from several panels that fold together when not in use and can be easily combined to make a larger shelter. They can be transported by hand or by placing them in the bed of a vehicle. These shelters could be found at relief centers folded up and stored, and if they decide to add any FEMA type camps for any potential previous natural disaster that could have struck the local archipelago. I think that it's plausible that they might have temporary shelters stored on a island due to the increased risk of flooding in certain areas.

These deployable shelters would be really valuable for a group or a single player due to the ease they are moved or set up. They could be used to create a home in a secluded area by placing multiple shelters in a area and connecting them together. They could also be used to add more rooms to a fortified area for a group with a good deal of members. They are weather resistant and have multiple different panels to change the shelter such as the standard windowless panel, a windowed on, and one with waste facilities. They also have specialty panels like red cross panels and camo military panels but the camo ones would just be if they ever added some basic military gear. Defensively they wouldn't be very strong so you would have to make a lot of improvements like metal siding and you would have to have a lot of traps if you planned to use them as a home by themselves.

I would really like to see what people could do with placable modular shelters. It would be cool to see shanty towns built up and defended by a group, or a large group using them to give a heavily fortified industrial area some more comfort. I would like to use them to make a secluded base out in the wilderness so I could be a hermit, with some traps and brush for camo it could make a good small home.

Thread starter #3

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer

Thank's I think it would add a interesting survival element to the game, there also plenty of places these could be used as loot like @We gotz purple stuff :T's Town Hall or @Jeffernaut's Firestation idea as well as any other area you might find disaster supplies. You could use the module's for ton's of thing's, they could be constructed into homes of varying sizes or into storage areas. They could be used as a quarintine/weapons check hallway for any visitors into your home or compound as well as a way to funnel a horde coming into your base. The module hallway could be filled with multiple trap's to thin out any group trying to get through.

Since a single module can't be lived in they wouldn't be OP considering that you would have to collect multiple modules to create a building or a hallway you could place in front of a entrance or doorway. They also seem fairly heavy so you would have to slowly drag it with wheel's or a dolly/trolly or use a vehicle with a large enough bed.

Thread starter #5

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah I remember seeing those when reading about diffrent shelters, those would actually be pretty cool for storm shelters that you could loot and use for storage. I am pretty sure there are some threads for similar concrete shelters but I don't think that shelter has been posted b4

The reason the company built the modular shelter is that it's lighter and easier to move around then a concrete shelter or some of the other emergency shelters, and when not needed it can be broken down and stored. I read that some need heavy machinary to move around like the concrete shelters which are useally buit on site. Like I stated above you just need a vehicle to transport the module's, you can also make them bigger and smaller depending on what you need. That inflateable shelter is pretty cool though, but it probably can't be easilly moved after being hydrated. Like I said above though I would really like to see those pre setup in rare spots around the island, especially with a earth barrier. Although if they add fork lifts I would be all for having them deflated so you could transport them before setting it up like the modular shelters.

I know they said in the devblog that they don't want to go into player made structures but I think the modular shelter and the concrete shelter are diffrent then player made buildings in lets say unturned or Rust which is what I am assuming they were talking about. I think they go more along the line of deployable item's like the work tower lights in the pre alpha video's.

Last edited: