• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

more storage?

Thread starter #1

ThzNutz

have a few hours in and am enjoying the experience, great job so far, looking forward to future updates:)

i am hold up in a cabin in the hills not too far from a town, i chill out in my house at night and soon as the suns up im hauling nutz to town to loot up. i know alot of things will change and to be honest i havent looked at all the crafting recipes so this may be a redundant question.....but

will there be craftable storage options? i love my lil hideaway, but it only gives me 24 slots of storage. being the loot whore i am, this is woefully inadequate :D

if thats not in the plans i guess ill have to move to town for some of that kitchen cabinet storage space :p

keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Player placed storage units/containers is something I imagine we can look forward too, but you can also take advantage of the freeplacement system to store items within the game world, so use that table, shelf, floor, window ledge, lean weapons against walls... well, you get my point ;)

Thread starter #3

ThzNutz

freeplacement system to store items within the game world,
ah, right on -- was afraid to drop anything after i made a couple campfires and couldnt figure out where they went lol. empty cans are about the only thing ive seen on the ground, so wasnt sure if there was a decay timer or anything as well. i will proceed to throw things all over :p

thanks mate!!

edit** wait -- so thats how you put stuff on a stove and/or fire to heat it up? been getting closer to sickness all the time cause i havent figured out how to boil water hahaha. so...um, at the risk of sounding stupid, how does one utilize the free placement system?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
ah, right on -- was afraid to drop anything after i made a couple campfires and couldnt figure out where they went lol. empty cans are about the only thing ive seen on the ground, so wasnt sure if there was a decay timer or anything as well. i will proceed to throw things all over :p

thanks mate!!

edit** wait -- so thats how you put stuff on a stove and/or fire to heat it up? been getting closer to sickness all the time cause i havent figured out how to boil water hahaha. so...um, at the risk of sounding stupid, how does one utilize the free placement system?
Yea you can drop some items straight in a fire to cook but best use the pots, tripod/grill or a stove/oven for full benefit.

Some stuff might dissapear EA n all that stuff but generally they shouldn't, campfires can be moved once placed (top right of the campfire UI click "Move") so it's either gone or moved by someone else hehe.

And to place an item simply drop it, it might land in a nice position but if you wanna place somewhere specific look at the item and hold "E", then much like fallout/skyrim you can rotate using the mouse buttons and wheel and place again with pressing "E".

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Nice to know, i was wondering if items despawned as some buildings have very little in the way of storage by default. Glad i found this thread.

Also was wondering about item movement.