1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more zombies

Discussion in 'Character' started by Danielinnv, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Danielinnv

Danielinnv Well-Known Member Backer

Aug 14, 2016
    I know that making more zombies is most likely on your agenda for the future, but instead of modeling a bunch of zombies, you could make a system that randomly generates zombies. for example, you could have certain charecteristics that are limited, allowing for a realistic chomper to be created. This could be run server side so that all zombies look the same to others. But if this were added you would have to make something that allowed that sae zombie to spawn back if the player left its area, so that a different zombie doesnt spawn when the player returns. Ruining the emersion.

Num47 likes this.
  2. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    I've been searching for the most optimal ways to render a shit ton of zed and have a good quality of dismemberment... I've found a perfect technique for the gore but the quantity and quality of zed might mean that a rework of the zeds might be required, better than heavily modified ones imo, just to have the best of both gore and horde number.

I'm up for the wait, if these guys get the chance to build the zeds from ground up to allow a much more "customizable" zed and one that is made for their performance needs. Would be another topping to this great game.

3. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    So many zombies you could have a zombie party and be the guest of honor.

4. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    Maybe steal the technology from this?

Click this link

@JB_ @Num47 @Clinton @a2z(Interactive);

5. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    I've suggested using a rendering technique used in most AAA games today, likes of what you see in L4D, Dead Island, Dying Light etc...

I came across this little puppy
    [not for the squeamish... who am I kidding we are here for the gore :p]
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/apps/valve/2010/gdc2010_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf

Was looking for something to try myself but this is good info I had to share, and I's suggest any other budding game dev to try it out as it's in my view a very optimal way to have zed. The work that goes in must be alot thou but payoff is way worth it... just look at L4D.

Also this trick can be used for all sorts of things if you thought about it too... destruction on objects for example like bullet holes and so on.