• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Motion sensors...

Thread starter #1

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Now i know what you are thinking... NOT REALISTIC.... Before you comment watch this video....

Edit: And this one

Thread starter #3

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Where would you find the stuff to make this?
Most of this stuff you can find in everyday electronics...
Battery Pack: Any device
Wires: Any device
Laser Pointer: Hardware Store
Resistors: Night Lights. Clock Radio, ect.
Buzzer: Door Bell, ect.
Switches: Hardware Store...
Batteries: Duh...

The things in the bottom video are all very common things that you can find around the house

DragAxx

Outlaw
Backer
Any hardware store, or home garage. The 2 sensors on your Garage door opener (the ones on the floor that detect if someone is standing on the doorway while it is closing) are the same exact thing. You could wire it to a Pseudo Buzzer or just a small flashlight bulb to "Alert you" when someone walks between the Points.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
that is awesome home electronic making cool stuff id say save it for a high level crafter

Thread starter #6

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Yeah... Before I suggested a wind chime style defence and then this one... The wind chime one would be low and this one high

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start to make one of these things even after watching the video. I don't know that in a life or death situation I would be wasting time making one of these even if I knew how.

Thread starter #10

gamejunkie25th

Backer
I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start to make one of these things even after watching the video. I don't know that in a life or death situation I would be wasting time making one of these even if I knew how.
This isn't life or death though... This is a got a house, barricades are up and now i dont want anyone near it style defences,,,

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Hey...every day in the apocalypse is life or death...The moment you forget that is the moment you choose death!

Applejaxc

Backer
You can tape a walkie talkie above a door and put a thin plastic card between the battery and the device with a hole punched through it, with a cord taped to the door tied around the hole. When the door is open, the card gets ripped out and the walkie talkie, permanently set to "Transmit," clicks to life when the circuit completes. When you're out of your house but within range, your radio suddenly squawks, and you get the footsteps or, potentially, voices of whoever is invading your home.