1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Multiple Bug Reports / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Trebor Daehdoow, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Trebor Daehdoow

Trebor Daehdoow New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    These are the things I noticed during my first day of playing.

• Cannot create Purified Water, even when I have a Full bottle of dirty water and water tablets. This makes life difficult.
    • Put items into lockers, then safe-logged out in a bed. Immediately logged back into same server. I appeared in what seemed to be the same building but in a different room (on the first floor, bed was on 2nd). When I returned to the logout location, I noticed I was clipping a bit. The bedroom was completely empty (no bed, no lockers). Then I got locked into place by clipping and could not move. Exited game and re-entered, I was spawned randomly with my current inventory (but not the stuff I'd stashed).
    • Confirmed that when you use a bed, when you respawn the building is not reconstructed; doors and all furniture except the fridge and stove are no longer present.
    • After alt-tabbing out to make a note, I left-clicked the STN window and it fired a shot. Game should absorb events that activate the window. Similarly, perhaps should not respond to the mouse until mouse has re-entered the window?
    • I had 4 cupcakes. I ate 3 of them, and suddenly had 1 chocolate cereal. Repeatable.
    • Where can I get these wonderful 40-calorie diet toaster pastries in real-life? :)
    • I had 3 Lola and Garry pistols. None of them would fire or reload. In a previous life they worked. I also have a sniper rifle; it does not shoot either. Using a bed, full-quitting to desktop, then restarting the game restored functionality.
    • Music continued to play for a while after game had been fully quit
    • When eating canned food, any action (such as bringing up the inventory) cancels the eating. The only feedback is a log line entry "interaction cancelled". This feedback needs to be more prominent; I spent half the night trying to eat, checking my inventory, and not seeing any results before I noticed the log line.
    • Also, when playing this morning, trying to eat canned food would close the inventory. The opening/eating animation would play but was not visible unless you tilted the view down. The only indication of success was a log entry saying the backpack was lighter.
    • There does not seem to be a way to take bullets out of a gun (and thus fill up the clip of a single gun). This is only a significant issue if you don't have spare bullets.
    • Screws seem to be hard to find. In RL if you have a screwdriver, you can salvage huge numbers of screws. I tested this out in my house, which did not amuse She Who Must Be Obeyed.
    • If server time is not synced to a predictable hourly cycle (ie: dawn = :15, dusk = :45) then consider displaying time-of-day on the server selection page. Logging back in during the middle of the night can be very hazardous.
    • You should be able to dual-wield a flashlight and a gun.
    • Flashlights should let you know what battery size they take (if they do, it's unclear)
    • Consider changing the day-night cycle so that at the equinoxes, it's something like 66:33 or 75:25 day:night. Not realistic, but until you manage to get a fortress with electricity and light, you'll basically spend the night hiding, and from a gameplay perspective that isn't a lot of fun.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    most or all of these have been posted over here at
    bitbucket.org/STNIssueTracker/survive-the-nights-issue-tracker/issues/1/test-issue

3. Trebor Daehdoow

Trebor Daehdoow New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Thanks, was not aware of the issue-tracker.