• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

My alpha release review

Thread starter #1
Wow! You guys made it! There are so many players now... especially on US# 5, which is really awesome yet there is so much KOS. On ever server I go on there seems to be KOS non-stop. I know the game was meant mainly for PvE players with the added twist of possible PvP but I fear other players more than I do anything else and it seems to be another DayZ like game which is disappointing. If there was some way to massively prevent KOS, it is very much needed... it seems as if players don't care about the mental health system causing them to kill anyone they feel like and even if they did care about their mental state it is very easy to get back to 0. My suggestion would be to add negative effects earlier on to the mental health system; for example, killing players adds a -3 or -2 on mental health and starting at -3 one starts to have negative effects such as the shaking hands/ poor aim/ poor vision and adding -1 from then on would cause other negative effects like halucinations and voises and a mental break down.

This game was much more fun to play before the alpha release than it was after solely due to the amount of KOS. It seems near impossible to get to 15 nights survived (though I see some have) when players are always on the hunt for other's loot.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Admin #2

JB_

Developer
Developer
My suggestion would be to add negative effects earlier on to the mental health system; for example, killing players adds a -3 or -2 on mental health and starting at -3 one starts to have negative effects such as the shaking hands/ poor aim/ poor vision and adding -1 from then on would cause other negative effects like halucinations and voises and a mental break down.
What you have suggested here is planned for the future. There is a lot to expand upon with the mental health system as the mechanic is currently in its infancy. For now I would suggest to play on a PVE server to avoid KOS. Thanks for the feedback :)

Thread starter #4
Awesome!!! And thank you Mammoth for the link. I love the mental health system and I like to read about it here.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Your welcome saw your post immediately thought of the thread. If the mental health system is expanded it'll still be one of the key features of STN that shines through and gives it something a bit more unique. It'll also help alot in regards to KOS'ing people will have to play smarter.