• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

My questions

Thread starter #1
Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions and suggestions

1. Is it intended that you lose all calories on the night you survive?

2. Please remove the spawns of the zombies from the houses. I once again had the suspicion that 4 and more zombies were in one house. As a freshman it is extremely difficult to do something. Furthermore, it happened to me a few times that I have cleared the house and then a zombie spawned in front of me and killed me, in a house.

3. And then there are just too many Zumbies in one place

It would be nice if it could be fixed. Even if you look at the spawn again.

I would also ask a couple in things Server operator. And it would be nice if someone from the team commented on this.

A what possibility is the German interpreter to communicate with the operator, is that also in German or can only English?

What can be adjusted in the server settings?

Otherwise, I have to say that the game is really fun.

Until then keep up the good work.

Sorry for my bad english.
Google

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Hello there @Dark_Eno (and @DZS)

1) Yes, your calorie intake resets when the new day starts (not always at dawn). This is part of the game mechanic. You need to hunt for new food every day. You can boost the next days maximum by eating more food than you need for the day, but it's a slow process.

2) Zombies spawn at all times of the day, and will hide in shady places during daylight. It's why you find more of them in houses during daylight. It is unfortunate you had one appear in front of you. But I've had the same, thinking you've cleared a house, only to be attacked from behind out of nowhere. It sucks. This has been mentioned before, here's just one post on the subject: https://community.survivethenights....stion-of-how-to-do-it.10751/page-2#post-97253

3) Zombies roam, perhaps the de-spawn timer for them needs a little more work?

Here's an old thread on server admin settings: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/server-options-settings.6526/#post-67018

I think the game is only available in the English language at the moment (@JB_, it that right?). In time, I hope more languages will be available, as it seems unfair to others. Alas, for now, we have to rely on online translation tools.

On that subject:

1) Ja, Ihre Kalorienaufnahme wird zurückgesetzt, wenn der neue Tag beginnt (nicht immer im Morgengrauen). Dies ist Teil der Spielmechanik. Sie müssen jeden Tag nach neuem Essen suchen. Sie können das Maximum der nächsten Tage steigern, indem Sie mehr essen, als Sie für den Tag benötigen, aber es ist ein langsamer Prozess.

2) Zombies laichen zu jeder Tageszeit und verstecken sich bei Tageslicht an schattigen Orten. Deshalb findet man bei Tageslicht mehr davon in Häusern. Es ist bedauerlich, dass Sie einen vor sich hatten. Aber ich hatte das Gleiche, weil ich dachte, du hast ein Haus geräumt, nur um von hinten aus dem Nichts angegriffen zu werden. Es nervt. Dies wurde bereits erwähnt, hier ist nur ein Beitrag zum Thema: https://community.survivethenights....s-and-a-suggestion-of-ow-to-do-it.10751/page- 2 # post-97253

3) Zombies ziehen umher, vielleicht braucht der De-Spawn-Timer für sie etwas mehr Arbei

Hier ist ein alter Thread zu den Serververwaltungseinstellungen: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/server-options-settings.6526/#post-67018

Ich denke, das Spiel ist momentan nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar (@JB_, stimmt das?). Mit der Zeit hoffe ich, dass mehr Sprachen verfügbar sein werden, da dies für andere unfair erscheint. Leider müssen wir uns vorerst auf Online-Übersetzungstools verlassen.

Thread starter #4
I do not mean the game I mean the server provider allgamer.net whether the only English or maybe also German? It's hard for me and certainly not good German for other English and if something with the server is not true then it is difficult to clarify. @Dr. J Are you a simple player or are you part of the team?

We have some wishes and suggestions for the game.

- Caracter Creation (Make yourself Avatar, hair, face, and so on)
- Clothes spawn and choose and dress
- Building a bow and arrows
- Crossbow and Bolt Find
- Making boxes and other stuff for a wild camp

I still have questions in terms of farming, and livestock. That you chicken, cows and maybe pigs could catch and then there has its own filing.

Is that planned or not?

Then I noticed that you can open with a knife or so no cans. That would be good if that would work.

Me and my partner are thinking about making an area for German gamers on our homepage, with help, German wiki, tutorials and so on, so we wanted to ask if we could use the pictures of Sirvival The Night then?

We are of the opinion that the game has a lot of potential and we would be happy if it would not disappear in the sunken.

Ich meine nicht das Spiel ich meine die Server Anbieter allgamer.net ob die nur englisch können oder vieleicht auch deutsch? Es ist schwer für mich und bestimmt auch anderen deutschen die englisch nicht gut beherschen und wenn dann irgendwas mit dem server nicht stimmt dann ist es schwer zu klären. @Dr. J bist du ein einfacher spieler, oder gehörst du zum Team?

Wir hätte da noch ein paar wünsche und vorschläge für das Spiel.

- Carakter erstellung ( Sich sein Avatar selbst gestalten, Haare, Gesicht, und so)
- Kleidung Spawn und aussuchen und Anziehen
- Bogen Bauen und Pfeile
- Armbrust und Bolzen Finden
- Herstellen von Kisten und weiteren Sachen für ein Wildes Camp

Ich habe noch fragen in Sachen Farming, und Viehzucht. Das man Huhner, Kuhe und vieleicht auch schweine einfangen könnte und da dann seine eigene Verflegung hat.

Ist das geplant oder er nicht?

Dann ist mir aufgefallen das man mit einem Messer oder so keine Dosen öffnen kann. Das wäre auch noch gut wenn das gehen würde.

Ich und meine Partnerin sind beim Überlegen einen bereich für Deutsche Gamer auf unserer Homepage zu machen, mit Hilfe, Deutscher Wiki , Anleitungen und so weiter, Da wollten wir fragen ob wir dann die Bilder von Sirvival The Night benutzten könnten?

Wir sind der meinung das das Spiel extrem viel Potential hat und wir uns freuen würden wenn es nicht in der versenkung verschwinden würde.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well there @Dark_Eno , I'm not a team member, just someone who bought the game back when it launched in the Kickstarter (crowd funding) days, way back in 2014, I think. But I maintain the same passion for the game as I did then, as it was different from other zombie survival games. I saw the potential for a new take on a survival game. It's why I'm still an active player and member of the STN community. To make this game 'come alive', we need everyone's input to help with suggestions to the direction it should take.

It is still a work in progress, and I enjoy being involved in the small steps needed by play testing and bug reporting.

I'd love to see you and @LucyElfe revitalise the German posts on this forum, and also on the official Discord channel https://discordapp.com/invite/survivethenights - I know there are other people in Germany wanting a more natural language interface and local servers. I'll tag in @Clinton from allgamer.net here again, let's see if he can shed more light on these issues.

I think character creation will require a bit of a re-write to the front end, an issue the Dev team have always had issues with due to the programming language (Unity), but clothing pick-ups have always been a goal they wanted to achieve, so it may come.

The crafting system is still a bit of a work in progress, but I hope soon we might see bows, crossbows and arrows as craftable items. I've suggested boxes as craftable items in this post : https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/hidden-storage.10635/#post-97214

Livestock is just for hunting at the moment, I've killed deer, but never one of those noisy chickens! But as you roam the world, you'll sometimes see a chicken coop next to a building, so capturing chickens is 'on the cards' for the future.

As to using images from STN, well, I'd check with the team @a2z(Interactive); for clarification. But when the game was being play tested, the answer to if videos could be posted was yes. As long as you clearly identify the game is still pre-alpha, I don't see if being an issue. But then, I'm just a player, not a member of the team, so please just get in touch with them first.

Nun, @Dark_Eno, ich bin kein Teammitglied, sondern nur jemand, der das Spiel gekauft hat, als es in den Kickstarter-Tagen (Crowdfunding-Tagen) im Jahr 2014 veröffentlicht wurde, glaube ich. Aber ich habe die gleiche Leidenschaft für das Spiel wie damals, da es sich von anderen Zombie-Survival-Spielen unterschied. Ich sah das Potenzial für ein neues Überlebensspiel. Deshalb bin ich immer noch ein aktiver Spieler und Mitglied der STN-Community. Um dieses Spiel zum Leben zu erwecken, brauchen wir jeden Input, um Vorschläge zu machen, in welche Richtung es gehen soll.

Es ist noch in Arbeit, und es macht mir Spaß, an den kleinen Schritten beteiligt zu sein, die für das Testen von Spielen und das Melden von Fehlern erforderlich sind.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn Sie und @LucyElfe die deutschen Beiträge in diesem Forum und auch auf dem offiziellen Discord-Kanal https://discordapp.com/invite/survivethenights wiederbeleben. Ich weiß, dass es in Deutschland andere Menschen gibt, die eine natürlichere Sprache wollen Schnittstelle und lokale Server. Ich werde hier noch einmal @Clinton von allgamer.net eintragen. Mal sehen, ob er mehr Licht in diese Fragen bringen kann.

Ich denke, die Charaktererstellung erfordert ein bisschen ein Umschreiben des Frontends, ein Problem, mit dem das Entwicklerteam aufgrund der Programmiersprache (Unity) schon immer Probleme hatte, aber das Aufnehmen von Kleidung war schon immer ein Ziel, das sie wollten erreichen, so kann es kommen.

Das Handwerkssystem ist noch in Arbeit, aber ich hoffe, dass wir bald Bögen, Armbrüste und Pfeile als Handwerksgegenstände sehen werden. Ich habe in diesem Beitrag Kisten als bearbeitbare Gegenstände vorgeschlagen: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/hidden-storage.10635/#post-97214

Das Vieh ist im Moment nur zum Jagen da, ich habe Rehe getötet, aber niemals eines dieser lauten Hühner! Aber wenn Sie durch die Welt streifen, sehen Sie manchmal einen Hühnerstall neben einem Gebäude. Das Einfangen von Hühnern ist also für die Zukunft angesagt.

Wenn Sie Bilder von STN verwenden möchten, wenden Sie sich an das Team @ a2z (Interactive). zur Klarstellung. Aber als das Spiel getestet wurde, war die Antwort, ob Videos gepostet werden konnten, ja. Solange Sie klar erkennen, dass das Spiel noch Pre-Alpha ist, sehe ich kein Problem. Aber dann bin ich nur ein Spieler, kein Mitglied des Teams, also melde dich bitte zuerst bei ihnen.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions and suggestions

1. Is it intended that you lose all calories on the night you survive?

2. Please remove the spawns of the zombies from the houses. I once again had the suspicion that 4 and more zombies were in one house. As a freshman it is extremely difficult to do something. Furthermore, it happened to me a few times that I have cleared the house and then a zombie spawned in front of me and killed me, in a house.

3. And then there are just too many Zumbies in one place

It would be nice if it could be fixed. Even if you look at the spawn again.

I would also ask a couple in things Server operator. And it would be nice if someone from the team commented on this.

A what possibility is the German interpreter to communicate with the operator, is that also in German or can only English?

What can be adjusted in the server settings?

Otherwise, I have to say that the game is really fun.

Until then keep up the good work.

Sorry for my bad english.
Google
Hey Dark,

1. Yes, although this system is being reworked and concepted as a slow drain.
2. This is being sorted, it's very annoying and will be fixed.
3. More Zombies!!!

Not sure exactly what you mean about looking at spawn again?
Server files will be coming out during alpha, there are a load of server options for owners.
German translation and others to come during EA we'll create a simple language package and backers can help get that sorted

Thanks much for the support!

Thread starter #7
I do not mean the game I mean the server provider allgamer.net whether the only English or maybe also German? It's hard for me and certainly not good German for other English and if something with the server is not true then it is difficult to clarify. @Dr. J Are you a simple player or are you part of the team?

We have some wishes and suggestions for the game.

- Caracter Creation (Make yourself Avatar, hair, face, and so on)
- Clothes spawn and choose and dress
- Building a bow and arrows
- Crossbow and Bolt Find
- Making boxes and other stuff for a wild camp

I still have questions in terms of farming, and livestock. That you chicken, cows and maybe pigs could catch and then there has its own filing.

Is that planned or not?

Then I noticed that you can open with a knife or so no cans. That would be good if that would work.

Me and my partner are thinking about making an area for German gamers on our homepage, with help, German wiki, tutorials and so on, so we wanted to ask if we could use the pictures of Sirvival The Night then?

We are of the opinion that the game has a lot of potential and we would be happy if it would not disappear in the sunken.

Ich meine nicht das Spiel ich meine die Server Anbieter allgamer.net ob die nur englisch können oder vieleicht auch deutsch? Es ist schwer für mich und bestimmt auch anderen deutschen die englisch nicht gut beherschen und wenn dann irgendwas mit dem server nicht stimmt dann ist es schwer zu klären. @Dr. J bist du ein einfacher spieler, oder gehörst du zum Team?

Wir hätte da noch ein paar wünsche und vorschläge für das Spiel.

- Carakter erstellung ( Sich sein Avatar selbst gestalten, Haare, Gesicht, und so)
- Kleidung Spawn und aussuchen und Anziehen
- Bogen Bauen und Pfeile
- Armbrust und Bolzen Finden
- Herstellen von Kisten und weiteren Sachen für ein Wildes Camp

Ich habe noch fragen in Sachen Farming, und Viehzucht. Das man Huhner, Kuhe und vieleicht auch schweine einfangen könnte und da dann seine eigene Verflegung hat.

Ist das geplant oder er nicht?

Dann ist mir aufgefallen das man mit einem Messer oder so keine Dosen öffnen kann. Das wäre auch noch gut wenn das gehen würde.

Ich und meine Partnerin sind beim Überlegen einen bereich für Deutsche Gamer auf unserer Homepage zu machen, mit Hilfe, Deutscher Wiki , Anleitungen und so weiter, Da wollten wir fragen ob wir dann die Bilder von Sirvival The Night benutzten könnten?

Wir sind der meinung das das Spiel extrem viel Potential hat und wir uns freuen würden wenn es nicht in der versenkung verschwinden würde.
@JB_ Can you also say something about the questions?

JB_

Developer
Developer
@JB_ Can you also say something about the questions?
- Character customization will come on stage during the alpha stage
- This will be part of the customization mentioned above
- Craftable weapons have been talked about and we could certainly do a bow
- When we introduce bows they'll probably be found before they're craftable
- Craftable containers coming soon
- Livestock and farming are both planned for alpha
- You can use a can opener or a fire to open cans
- We can speak with allgamer about website translations sure
- You're more than welcome to any pictures from our wiki or webpage video from youtube or whatever you'd like for a wiki / information page
- We're not going anywhere, thanks much for the support!

Last edited: