• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Napalm Tripwire Trap

Thread starter #1

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
A trip wire trap that you must set and light to activate. It would be like a mini catapult that throws napalm at a larger area than some of the current fire traps.

Items:
4-6 planks of wood
*Alternate* 1 piece of metal sheet removing 2 pieces of wood
2 springs
2 metal wire
6 nails
Gas
plastic bottle or plastic item/styrofoam/house insulation
1 stick/metal pipe/metal rod
1 hose clamp

Tools:
Hammer
Drill

Something similar in design to this. Except what I envision to hold the napalm would be 2 boards nailed together in a 90 degree angle or a piece of metal bent similarly. And the tension would be the springs. Ideally the way to set this trap off would be to tie the wire from the release(hose clamp) to a stick or rod in the ground about 10-15 feet away. If the trap doesn't get set off it should be possible that either the napalm burns off or it sets the trap on fire rendering it useless after a certain period of time. Which means people would only light the napalm if they knew they were going to need it.

Napalm holder or imagine the same thing in metal.

twitchy040

Backer
looks good but i have never thought of lighting a zombie onfire as a good thing, good way to burn down your house, a barn, a city etc,
but i like how you followed the post guidlines

Thread starter #4

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I forgot to add the obligatory "inb4 moving burning zombies".

Since there are already fire traps in the game this is kind of a moot point to me. However I believe that those fire traps are more dangerous because they seem to be made to be used in close proximity. Whereas my idea is something that should be used more outside at a distance as maybe a first line of defense.

twitchy040

Backer
I forgot to add the obligatory "inb4 moving burning zombies".

Since there are already fire traps in the game this is kind of a moot point to me. However I believe that those fire traps are more dangerous because they seem to be made to be used in close proximity. Whereas my idea is something that should be used more outside at a distance as maybe a first line of defense.
you have a valid point, i recant my prev statement and settle on this being a good idea

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
No. I do not support this idea. To many extreme traps already. No common survivor will know how to make a napalm trap xD But love the ideas you guys pump out.

SlugNugget

Backer
Hmm, I don't know if we'll have napalm in the game but if we do this is a fantastic idea.
I don't know if anyone has read "Anarchists Cookbook" (probably not because it is banned in the USA) but in in they show that effective, fiery, and long lasting napalm can be made by dissolving Styrofoam in gasoline. This video shows off the end product pretty well and it should fit into the game as it is easy to make with items you can find around the house.

Thread starter #8

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Exactly. Thus is why I came up with the idea. I even used the easily attainable real world items.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I like the idea of using napalm, but feel as though the trap is lacking in efficiency and realism. As you mentioned, napalm is basically viscous, slow burning fuel, meaning to burn something, you'd have to either already ignited while in the trap (unfeasible) or light the zeds on fire after being doused in the napalm, which just seems a bit convoluted. I think a better trap involving napalm would be something like a pot you can tilt, placed on the edge of a wall or building for manually dousing/burning them, then and there.

Thread starter #10

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
The idea of having to light it when needed was for added combat effect. If you feel you're in imminent danger do you think you have the time to light the trap? Will you be horded when you run out to light it? Or do you just see a few zombies across the street coming at you so you may as well light it to have some fun. And it's supposed to be used as a first or second line of defense, not really bolted to the house you're sitting in.

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
A basic form of napalm like substance can be made using a flammable liquid like petrol, lighter fluid or oil with a thickening agent such as jelly, hair gel or even maple syrup. I would suggest adding some type of thickening agent to the recipe.

Thread starter #12

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
plastic bottle or plastic item/styrofoam/house insulation

^Those are the thickening agents.

Mister Joe

AJ's Best Buddy
Backer
Maybe not napalm as such but a flammable substance to similar effect...

Perhaps rags dipped in petrol or tar? Diesel would also be good however the rags would have to be lit with a lighter rather than a match as diesel is much less volatile than petrol. :v

@jakejakereal That moment when you're writing a reply and someone else replies the exact same thing just before you. ;_;

Last edited:

Affirmatron

Backer
No. I do not support this idea. To many extreme traps already. No common survivor will know how to make a napalm trap xD But love the ideas you guys pump out.
Napalm is almost the easiest thing to make, you can make it on /accident/. If you combine gasoline and styrofoam and let it sit it jellies and becomes what is basically napalm.

Just because you don't know how to make something doesn't mean it's hard to do or most people don't know how to do it.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
Napalm is almost the easiest thing to make, you can make it on /accident/. If you combine gasoline and styrofoam and let it sit it jellies and becomes what is basically napalm.

Just because you don't know how to make something doesn't mean it's hard to do or most people don't know how to do it.

1."Just because you don't know how to make something doesn't mean it's hard to do or most people don't know how to do it." I'm sorry but I have no idea what you just said.
2. This game is about survival. Not having the dev's put time into traps that are not needed.
3. Who in the middle of a survival situation is going to think "Ohhh lets make napalm"

Thread starter #16

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Probably the same people that think "Hmm I should strap some tubing to a propane tank and make a fire wall trap"

Logic, you got none.

Affirmatron

Backer
1."Just because you don't know how to make something doesn't mean it's hard to do or most people don't know how to do it." I'm sorry but I have no idea what you just said.
2. This game is about survival. Not having the dev's put time into traps that are not needed.
3. Who in the middle of a survival situation is going to think "Ohhh lets make napalm"
Since you took the time to break your reply into a numbered list, presumably because things not in list form confuse you, I will reply in kind:

1. I have no real way to dumb that sentence down any more for you if you can't understand it as written. Perhaps try saying it out loud a few times? You'll get there.
2. Propane tank fire spraying doorway blocking trap is also about survival, apparently. I don't even recall saying anything about the feasibility or need for the trap, all I said was--well, you quoted me so you must have read it, I won't repeat myself.
3. Who in the middle of a survival situation is going to think 'Man, I had better waste valuable food on an extremely dangerous trap--that doesn't work in real life, by the way--by duct taping this pig leg to a propane tank.' That's right, nobody, because it's way more outlandish than making something that is proven to work, is easy to make, and has many uses in a survival situation. If you can't think of a use for 'easy spread sticky fire' in a survival situation you're just not trying.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
I'm not gonna even start because I like it here. Don't wanna get my account banned for letting emotions get in the way In MY opinion (Again this is only my opinion) this is a very idiotic idea. We do not need over the top traps. This game is about Survival.