• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

No all-seeing zombies

Thread starter #1

DarkWolf

Class A Survivor
Backer
Remember DayZ, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and all the other zombie- and survival games, where the zombies always know where you are? You cannot hide or escape them, ever. I hope this game isn't like that. You should be able to hide from them in your car or house without them destroying it if they haven't seen you. Maybe they can smell you, and gather around your house or car, but not know exactly where you are.

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
I think it's already like this. Where they don't agro onto you unless you're physically seen.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i hope they wont be able to know here you are unless they see you, if it isnt its gonna be a bit annoying

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
i hope they wont be able to know here you are unless they see you, if it isnt its gonna be a bit annoying
I agree otherwise. Almost everything about a zombie apocalypse is supposed to be annoying. Sound should still attract zombies. This is also a semi-repellent for banditry because you're better off making friends with someone you see rather than shooting them and getting a horde of zombies after you.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
I agree otherwise. Almost everything about a zombie apocalypse is supposed to be annoying. Sound should still attract zombies. This is also a semi-repellent for banditry because you're better off making friends with someone you see rather than shooting them and getting a horde of zombies after you.
oh yeah defiantly noise im saying if your standing in your house not moving and a herd walks by they shouldn't just randomly know your in the house

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
^i agree to this and will add if they figure out your in the house then they would search it not come straight to you
The modern-media zombie isn't really that smart. I think it'd be more realistic if the zombies would have just wandered into the house and aren't really looking for anything.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
The modern-media zombie isn't really that smart. I think it'd be more realistic if the zombies would have just wandered into the house and aren't really looking for anything.
The more I watch zeek the more I think they react to sound and touch and their vision is "not as good"... their behavior makes more sense then... about their ability to detect and hunt you down, contrary to popular belief I think zombies have a good memory span.. my reasoning is because the only chance to escape the pursuit from one is to either kill it or loose line of sight, now just because you may loose that line of sight doesn't mean it's forgotten about you... a zombie will just keep moving in that general direction because it detected food and will continue to-do so until it comes across you or something else to eat... so it knows food it there just not where.

They are relentless and don't need too sleep, so if a single passing zombie hears a noise from inside a close building it will move toward that noise and if left alone more will congregate toward/around it and will stay there... as for a horde I think sneaking past them would be easier than a lone zed or them hearing you is less likely if they themselves are making noise but visual contact would change that... just think of it as a zombie has the same mental capacity as a goomba :p