• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

No Overpowered Military Weapons!

Should Survive The Nights Have overpowerd military weapons?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Midweekcomic13

Backer
Survive The Nights should not have overpowered military weapons such as Barret 50 Cal, Grenade Launcher, Heavy Machine Gun,etc. What do you think?
ngbbs52098e2cc82ad.jpg
View attachment 64
View attachment 65
Need to explain more?

For choosing rare Yes but only as craftable items where the weapon parts are very rare to find and hard to maintain. It should be like this.

EXAMPLE:

Parts needed to craft the weapons like Barret 50 Cal
View attachment 66

Parts: Butt-stock, Lower/Upper receiver, Firing pin, Sights, Scopes, Attachment rails, Bipod, Barrel,
50 Cal Magazine case, 50 Cal bullets, Screws and instruction for assembly.

Maintenance: Barret 50 Cal cleaning supply.

Things that makes the weapons not overpowered:

Weight is very heavy, Takes large storage space, Limited bullets, Firing the weapons can cause a very loud noise, attracting zombies. visible muzzle flash, etc

Last edited:

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Well craftable weapons aren't going to be a thing. Especially overpowered ones.
Find a buttstock, lower/upper reciver, firing pin, sights, idk just for like a semi auto ar-15 that has not very much ammo

Dominic Sisa

Backer
If you somehow found a M60 for example, and saw a small town of people just living their lives on StN, no matter how zealous you are as a person you would still have an urge to see what it could do to players.
It would be heavy, loud, hard to fix, and other players would want it off you as well.
I think a 30 round Ak/M16 is honestly enough for zombies. We still get all the fun smaller calibers as well :)

Fevero

Backer
If you somehow found a M60 for example, and saw a small town of people just living their lives on StN, no matter how zealous you are as a person you would still have an urge to see what it could do to players.
It would be heavy, loud, hard to fix, and other players would want it off you as well.
I think a 30 round Ak/M16 is honestly enough for zombies. We still get all the fun smaller calibers as well :)
Im with you here...
But as realism, it should be there. But with military experience myself, running around with guns like that really takes its bite out of you. Beeing chased by a mob of zombies that gun would really, and I mean REALLY, slow you down. It is also highly inaccurate if you dont set it up in a good position. It is a static weapon, but it is highly effective when placed. Standing a shooting it is just not an option. Mounting it on a car or balcony? Thats a different story. Even if its leathal, it is static, and you can easely pick that gunner of with a hunting rifle from a covered position.

Smittyry17

Backer
I guess as long as it is rare. I guess it can make since. But not every island. Maybe one island has a lot of zombies but better food and wepons. I don't think they need to be on every island.

Moderator #10

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I say no LMGs or military grade "sniper" rifles. Some hunting rifles w/ or w/o scopes, several shotguns, several pistols, and a handful of semi-automatic rifles, Like an AR15 or an AK47. Stay away from mounted guns on vehicles, IMO they are always OP. We need to be far more concerned about surviving the onslaught of zombies than killing other players in STN I have a feeling.

Moderator #12

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
I agree but we have to draw the line somewhere... This of course is a fictional survival scenario... Any one of us would not even relatively have the time enough to be worried about building and then mounting, or even have the knowledge enough to fabricate some mounted turret gun thing onto a vehicle. I know what you are saying... I mean, have you ever seen an AA-12? They are real, but I still don't think they should be in this game... then again, opinions are like @ssholes right. :D

I agree but we have to draw the line somewhere... This of course is a fictional survival scenario... Any one of us would not even relatively have the time enough to be worried about building and then mounting, or even have the knowledge enough to fabricate some mounted turret gun thing onto a vehicle. I know what you are saying... I mean, have you ever seen an AA-12? They are real, but I still don't think they should be in this game... then again, opinions are like @ssholes right. :D
Well Depending on your skillset.. I can build houses, I can weld and I could easily mount or make traps or machine gun nests with my arsenal in my basement. Like this game no two people should be the same, I have a AA-12 Semi-Auto Shotgun, Awesome ass Gun!

Moderator #14

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
Well Depending on your skillset.. I can build houses, I can weld and I could easily mount or make traps or machine gun nests with my arsenal in my basement. Like this game no two people should be the same, I have a AA-12 Semi-Auto Shotgun, Awesome ass Gun!
I suppose so, I am a mechanic and welder/fabricator by trade, and also a gun enthusiast. I don't know, I just don't think turrets and high end mil weapons are a good fit in these survival style games... I think it just helps to ramp up the PVP/KOS mentality. I love the AA-12s, I specifically meant the automatic version, since "AA" stands for Auto Assault (as in full automatic). But yeah, I have a huge arsenal also and a lot of that type of survival knowledge... maybe I am just underestimating people... then again I guess it would only be us skilled bastards that made it long enough to "survive" during the zombie apocalypse anyway, right. :D

I suppose so, I am a mechanic and welder/fabricator by trade, and also a gun enthusiast. I don't know, I just don't think turrets and high end mil weapons are a good fit in these survival style games... I think it just helps to ramp up the PVP/KOS mentality. I love the AA-12s, I specifically meant the automatic version, since "AA" stands for Auto Assault (as in full automatic). But yeah, I have a huge arsenal also and a lot of that type of survival knowledge... maybe I am just underestimating people... then again I guess it would only be us skilled bastards that made it long enough to "survive" during the zombie apocalypse anyway, right. :D
Ahahaha True...But yeah your right.. the thing is though with this game I think the tides would greatly be turned to slew away people who KOS. Cause they will just go nuts in the end and have to start all over, I see a good light in this game and I would never say do away with weapons, im sure they will be hard enough to find as is.

Moderator #16

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
Ahahaha True...But yeah your right.. the thing is though with this game I think the tides would greatly be turned to slew away people who KOS. Cause they will just go nuts in the end and have to start all over, I see a good light in this game and I would never say do away with weapons, im sure they will be hard enough to find as is.
I sure hope so to be honest.

I sure hope so to be honest.
If not my server will be kicking those kind of people.. I can't stand them ruin the game and the roleplay factor for everyone else! Im sure the devs are going to do everything possible to get rid of those retards.

Status
Not open for further replies.