• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Noise Generator

Thread starter #1

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
Idea: A noise trap activated by players or zombies walking into it.

Items Needed:

• Empty Can
  • String
  • Small rocks
  • Nails
Tools Needed:

• Hammer

Description:
So, not always will you be able to sacrifice a gun to a trap, or either you are a peaceful soul who don't want to hurt potential friends. And for those kind of scenarios, we have noise traps, which don't kill when activated instead make enough noise to alert players around. The design would be a can with rocks or nail inside of it, attached to a string which is then attached to the ceiling.

excuse my horrible paint skills below.

Attachments

Biohazzel

or it can be a long trap (not only from cealing) but a rope coming from trapped area and the cans are at your base and they will make noice alerting you that some one is sneaking up on you but Very good idea Hostail.

Thread starter #3

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
or it can be a long trap (not only from cealing) but a rope coming from trapped area and the cans are at your base and they will make noice alerting you that some one is sneaking up on you but Very good idea Hostail.
Oh yeah, I think I have seen something like this in a movie of sorts. You would have a central room with notes to each wire connected to a bell or something else. Though it would be hard to set up something like this in a small house, maybe in one of those industrial areas it would be more useful with its big buildings?

ToastedShoes

Backer
Here's my idea for a non-lethal trap essentially

As we know zombies are attracted to sound, so what if you got the following materials

Cooper wire
CD player
(Any other stuff you can think of)

So the idea is to design a trip wire, that when a zombie triggers it, it will pull the copper wire and start up a CD player ultimately drawing them towards it away from your house.

If you did want to take them out, napalm or c4 could be attached to the CD player

Its only a suggestion just tell me what you guys think and if you have any sound trap ideas

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
There's a trap with a horn in the game already :)
I'm pretty sure its used to warn the player a zombie/player is right where you placed the trap rather than draw noise.

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
Posting this because the only relevant suggestion is old, buried in the board, and unformatted.

Suggestion:
Add a craftable trip-wire system used for alerting a player of an organic presence, utilizing strings/rope/fishing line and empty cans or bells.

Required Crafting Materials:
- Rope/String/Fishing Line/other misc. item(s) with rope-like characteristics
- Empty metal containers/misc. metallic objects OR a bell
- Posts/Stakes

Required Tools:
- Hammer
- Screwdriver/knife

Description:
The idea of this "trap" is to alert a player that some sort of living thing has entered a specified perimeter - it could be triggered by players, zeds, or some animals wandering around. Construction would be simple, and require repairs every time it is activated (string and fishing lines would break if stepped through!)

The player would be required to begin by placing at least two of Stakes/Posts in the ground (Hammer required) in a straight line at a selected distance. Next, the player would have to run string/rope/etc from each anchor point. Finally, the player would then punch holes in the misc. metal objects (screwdriver/knife required) so that they can be strung up on the line. This should be a recipe that can be scaled, requiring more line and metal objects to create longer iterations of it.

Alternatively, the player should be able to (instead of adding metal objects to the line) run an additional line to a bell or metal object inside the player's base of operation, so that when something triggers the line - the tension will cause the bell/object to emit noise, alerting the player.

Mister Joe

AJ's Best Buddy
Backer
Could be wired up to a buzzer and lights if said base has electricity. :v

Would the trap be disarmable or easy to spot, and would the player know they'd triggered it once they've walked through it?

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
Could be wired up to a buzzer and lights if said base has electricity. :v

Would the trap be disarmable or easy to spot, and would the player know they'd triggered it once they've walked through it?
Can the trap be disarmed?: Yes, it's simply some type of line, it could certainly be cut - although doing so would probably make the same amount of noise as walking through it.
Easy to spot?: I think this would depend on whether or not it is using empty metal containers, or an internal bell/buzzer/light-switch. If it was the former, I'm sure anyone would be able to spot a bunch of soda cans hanging from string.
Would the player know if they've activated it?: I think the other two responses answer that to some degree.

BOOMstyx

Backer
Posting this because the only relevant suggestion is old, buried in the board, and unformatted.

Suggestion:
Add a craftable trip-wire system used for alerting a player of an organic presence, utilizing strings/rope/fishing line and empty cans or bells.

Required Crafting Materials:
- Rope/String/Fishing Line/other misc. item(s) with rope-like characteristics
- Empty metal containers/misc. metallic objects OR a bell
- Posts/Stakes

Required Tools:
- Hammer
- Screwdriver/knife

Description:
The idea of this "trap" is to alert a player that some sort of living thing has entered a specified perimeter - it could be triggered by players, zeds, or some animals wandering around. Construction would be simple, and require repairs every time it is activated (string and fishing lines would break if stepped through!)

The player would be required to begin by placing at least two of Stakes/Posts in the ground (Hammer required) in a straight line at a selected distance. Next, the player would have to run string/rope/etc from each anchor point. Finally, the player would then punch holes in the misc. metal objects (screwdriver/knife required) so that they can be strung up on the line. This should be a recipe that can be scaled, requiring more line and metal objects to create longer iterations of it.

Alternatively, the player should be able to (instead of adding metal objects to the line) run an additional line to a bell or metal object inside the player's base of operation, so that when something triggers the line - the tension will cause the bell/object to emit noise, alerting the player.
what about using a tree or a pre-existing fence post as one of the posts? or say, a post off the the left of a tree and a post off to the right of the tree forming a corner with the tree in the corner.

BOOMstyx

Backer
Can the trap be disarmed?: Yes, it's simply some type of line, it could certainly be cut - although doing so would probably make the same amount of noise as walking through it.
Easy to spot?: I think this would depend on whether or not it is using empty metal containers, or an internal bell/buzzer/light-switch. If it was the former, I'm sure anyone would be able to spot a bunch of soda cans hanging from string.
Would the player know if they've activated it?: I think the other two responses answer that to some degree.
well if it was placed really low to the ground someone could jump over it too. if too high, then they might be able to crawl prone underneath it.

Stan Smith

Backer
Yeah i like this idea :) they already have something in the game like this actually its in one of the videos, its an air horn i think? wires up and when activated the horn plays xD

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Not really a trap but you know what I mean...

Tie empty cans to some string and tie it up between two posts... If someone or something hits it it will jingle and chime to alert you that someones around....

5 foot length would require 10 cans and 2 string... You could also tie them together if the trees are too far apart

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
nothing like getting scared everytime the wind blows i wouldnt mind being able to put something like that inside to where i can tell if people are walking in my house

gamejunkie25th

Backer
The chime would be alot quieter in the wind... or you could tie it outside your door so you would always here someone coming

gamejunkie25th

Backer
idk if you heard wind chimes in the wind.... lol
I know but what would be louder running into a windchime or it blowing in the breeze