• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Noise level.

Should this be in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Nnnno.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Zacalog

We can all agree on making more noise when sprinting, but what about a system where the more you carry, the more noise you create when making any sort of movement? I imagine that this would make players organise their inventory a little more, at least if they're going for a more stealthy approach.

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
I like this idea :)

I also think that if you are laden with stuff and making a lot of noise then there should be the option to take off the pack if you need to quickly scout ahead unheard but you would be risking all your stuff by leaving it behind if you get into a predicament.

I guess if you are really noisy then you could halve your stuff and leave the other half in a car boot, dumpster etc. and come back for it later.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I like this idea :)

I also think that if you are laden with stuff and making a lot of noise then there should be the option to take off the pack if you need to quickly scout ahead unheard but you would be risking all your stuff by leaving it behind if you get into a predicament.

I guess if you are really noisy then you could halve your stuff and leave the other half in a car boot, dumpster etc. and come back for it later.
Also if there is a weight system, that impacts your speed/stamina, ditching your backpack could be good for fast escapes.

So full backpack = Heavier, louder, slower movement (reduced movement speed), burns the stamina bar quicker

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
but what a if you could craft any item with leather binding to make it silent in your pack, like tin cups or cans of food or your knife and axe?
I like this, but to balance it, each item bound/wrapped in leather could take up more space in your inventory. So it is quieter, but you can carry less.

EDIT - Also this wouldn't apply if you were out looting, unless you are wrapping all items you've just picked up in leather.

Last edited:

Davz Not Here

Backer
if the devs plan on implementing a mountain sports store ..... the access to bags / packs of all kinds would be quite high .....

google Eastern Mt. Sports (or Central mt. sports) ..... a wide array of things to choose from ..... some of these packs are designed for someone to carry 80lbs, essentially unhindered ..... while on the App. trail

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
+1 for the idea of having the weight affect how you move and how far you can move. I think it would be extremely hard to make a system where each object when paired with another object has certain noise levels at different speeds. Maybe the player himself will be noisier. Breathing, sound of backpack ruffling while running and how hard you step. If they can implement a system where if you add a tire iron with a pack of tin cans and it makes a certain noise than more power to them :)

Jazz0411

I have found most items in a bag or backpack make a lot less noise then people think unless there are packed very losely and have room to bounce around.
This is also affected by how heavy each item is and what it is made of ,most noise a player mould make would be from clothing/armor and footwear they have on.
As to the lose ammo clinking as you ran yes it would indeed clink a lot but you could not hear it that far away as each round does not have a high mass and would not make a strong sound wave to carry very far