• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Noisy looting.

Thread starter #1

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
Right. You've sneaked past the zombies and into the abandoned [insert structure with vital resources]. You silently take out zombies inside which might notice you as you gather all there is to be found. After searching through [insert appropriate containers], you manage to find one which is far heavier than the rest. Bingo. However, you lose the roll for Dexterity, and the container gains initiative. Container spills/breaks/falls. The sound attracts surrounding zombies, which start to move in on your position.

I think that would be a pretty cool feature! Dropping sheets of metal or plywood on the ground could attract attention. Not watching your step and kicking an empty tin can could give away your position. Think of the possibilities!

There is a similar feature in State of Decay, and yes, the basic idea did sprout into my mind after playing a bit of it.

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
I would love this, but keep in kind of minimal, if we would make that much noise just doing stuff, then there would be no point of sneaking, but I want this! sounds cool :)

Thread starter #6

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
I would love this, but keep in kind of minimal, if we would make that much noise just doing stuff, then there would be no point of sneaking, but I want this! sounds cool :)
Of course! It wouldn't happen all the time, but say the player was unagile, or intoxicated/drugged, or just not watching their step. It would promote tension, bound with the fact that every misguided step could totally ruin your stealth.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
And if we are pulling bits of machine parts off the ground they should make the interaction like Surgeon Simulator :D

Ok no im kidding, that would be crazy.

But if its possible to say, pull metal sheets off and abandoned warehouse, then the sheets should drop to the ground before we can pick them up. That would make a noise. which would be cool. Makes running around in groups with no purpose a lot more dangerous. I like it man, i like it

Thread starter #11

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
And if we are pulling bits of machine parts off the ground they should make the interaction like Surgeon Simulator :D

Ok no im kidding, that would be crazy.

But if its possible to say, pull metal sheets off and abandoned warehouse, then the sheets should drop to the ground before we can pick them up. That would make a noise. which would be cool. Makes running around in groups with no purpose a lot more dangerous. I like it man, i like it
Pretty much what I have in mind. Great to hear support! Or for example if you drop/step on a glass bottle, it breaks/attracts attention. It would also make for a good lure!

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Ah yes, nice idea. So say there is a glass bottle on the floor, we could pick it up and throw it to divert attention.

OMFG

@Jayty what about a glass shard trap!!!! mostly against bandits obviously but if we tweak it enough, say, add large glass pieces to it and cover it in grass, it would be an effective trap to slow things down. Zeds wont really care if they walk on glass, but players with less favourable intentions might get caught unawares!

Thread starter #13

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
Ah yes, nice idea. So say there is a glass bottle on the floor, we could pick it up and throw it to divert attention.

OMFG

@Jayty what about a glass shard trap!!!! mostly against bandits obviously but if we tweak it enough, say, add large glass pieces to it and cover it in grass, it would be an effective trap to slow things down. Zeds wont really care if they walk on glass, but players with less favourable intentions might get caught unawares!
Soo, we could throw a glass bottle on the floor - it would shatter, and if anyone steps on it they'll be hurt! Fantastic!