• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Nomad style clothing/shelters

Thread starter #1

VIGUY

Backer
Searched the forums never saw the suggestion so hope it is original. As Hunting/gathering is going to be key to survival, and there appears to be many discussions of environmental conditions that could effect survival/health (Winter, rain etc..). How about being able to use Hides of the animals you hunt to make everything from shoes to shirts or jackets. Guess you would need to sew these (Sinew), tan the hides, sort of a throw back to the days of Grizzly Adams or Daniel Boone kind of thing.
260px-Seth_Kinman.jpg

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I like the idea of making clothes out of hides/furs sounds awesome. It would be cool to have different tiers like you could make clothes out each animal. They would not only look cooler as you got to the bigger game animals but would also kinda be like trophies. You see a guy wearing clothes made out of bear fur and you know "Wow that guy has killed 10 bears, he must be pretty geared" Over all I approve.

WasabiKicks91

Backer
Wear a bear cowl like in True Grit

Attachments

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Love this idea! i hope it makes it in game!

refuseresist

Backer
I also support the idea, depending of the "when" of the whole apocalypse business.
When once-commercially available clothes are at the end of their lives, we better learn real quick the things the "uneducated, barbaric" rural tribes knew all along..

bluestealth

Blade Runner
Backer
I'd support this idea all the way. Making clothes/shelters out of animal drops would be really cool! Hope this gets put in.

Biff

Survivor
Backer
this is a great idea. especially using furs for warmth. if this is implemented correctly you wouldn't even really need to go into towns to survive and could add a whole new dynamic between forest dwellers and city scavengers