• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Nutrition and Hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

AerynSuun

USA
Backer
Instead of a "points" system like so many other games have slipped into (where you level up and apply points on doing more melee damage) I'd like to see your physical abilities be based on your average 3 to 7 day calorie intake.

For instance a player with a 2,000 daily will chop trees using less swings, punch harder, stab harder, run faster and longer than a player with a 500 daily...
Your concept sounds pretty cool. That would work with will with a well balanced spawn rate of the food, should be rare you maybe able to find 2000 cal worth of food cache in game, I would assume.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Don't mean to come off rude, but that is a terrible idea. If it was toggleable by server admins then I could see it fine. But I would not like to be playing on a small server and not be able to find a ton of loot.
The reason i suggested it is because i personally hate games where loot is abundant it no longer resembles a survival game. Maybe a better idea would be longer respawn or no respawn at all options. I just started a new 7d2d game and love the feeling you get when finding a can of food, while starving. I had to burn everything flamable because i was freezing, unfortunately this feeling goes away few days later due to everything being so abundant. Now 7d2d is more crafting then survival game, so that fine, but STN to me is going to be a walking dead experience (or at least im hoping it will). I really want the struggle to be always present.

Andy

IGN: BadgerHobbs
Backer
You could also implement stuff like squash and ion tables that could be added to water to both improve energy amount/health benefits and also it could boost your sanity as well since its nicer than water.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
You could also implement stuff like squash and ion tables that could be added to water to both improve energy amount/health benefits and also it could boost your sanity as well since its nicer than water.
Like a supplement powder?, guessing by what you said... would be a sought after thing and last very long.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Actually it is all physical labor
Stop beating around the bush and tell us your job, that's unless it's beating around in the bush :oops:

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
The reason i suggested it is because i personally hate games where loot is abundant it no longer resembles a survival game. Maybe a better idea would be longer respawn or no respawn at all options. I just started a new 7d2d game and love the feeling you get when finding a can of food, while starving. I had to burn everything flamable because i was freezing, unfortunately this feeling goes away few days later due to everything being so abundant. Now 7d2d is more crafting then survival game, so that fine, but STN to me is going to be a walking dead experience (or at least im hoping it will). I really want the struggle to be always present.
Yea i know what you mean abought 7d2d i find myself always digging down or Gathering material to build a big base and i fill like its a grind fest for material to keep my base up and safe befor the 7 day horde that is not what i want to do i want to gather just enough material to borde up a pre built home that can break down and defend it with traps and barricades wile i go out for new gear food water meds and after maby some decorations for the house and build up the base with cooking and farming and what not 7d2d i fill i spend 3 plus hes getting wood stone metal digging to make a base or rebuild after it gets destroyed

Daniel_

Backer
Ill have a go myself filling out the table a bit later on when I get home :)

I have an idea, if sugar is in-game you should be able to add it to water to create 'Sugar water', when drinking this you will receive hydration and a small boost to stamina/energy.

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
Ill have a go myself filling out the table a bit later on when I get home :)

I have an idea, if sugar is in-game you should be able to add it to water to create 'Sugar water', when drinking this you will receive hydration and a small boost to stamina/energy.
Instead of that make it curv hunger for temporarily

Status
Not open for further replies.