• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Other zombie games

Thread starter #1
I was curious if anyone knew of any game similar to STN since it looks like there will be another delay (not a complaint) and am currently bored of the games I got. I already have 7DTD and it's not filling my zombie survival need. Thanks :D

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Tryout Miscreated, Im having fun with that one. Stay away from DayZ, and look into Project Zomboid(I hear thats good) :)
You heard correct haha.
Miscreated is gorgeous but really lacks in ai. Players are still the biggest threat. Base building is ok but floating bases and lack of storage turns me away everytime i log in. Its a game where you can have a lot of fun if you have friends that play it

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Dayz will be a good game when it is completed, but they have been redoing the whole thing and it will take a long time to fix everything. They are as stressed out as the community. But dayz is fun in its own way.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I was curious if anyone knew of any game similar to STN since it looks like there will be another delay (not a complaint) and am currently bored of the games I got. I already have 7DTD and it's not filling my zombie survival need. Thanks :D
arma 3 mod destalation reduex or arma 3 exile

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
You heard correct haha.
Miscreated is gorgeous but really lacks in ai. Players are still the biggest threat. Base building is ok but floating bases and lack of storage turns me away everytime i log in. Its a game where you can have a lot of fun if you have friends that play it
Eh Im making a youtube series on it so that might be what makes it fun, but I feel like Its good on my own. Im making a base and walling off this shed, filling it with wooden crates to store my food and ammo, etc, so that I can go setup outposts in the area. It's also got some incredible audio design and apocalypse-looking details, like skeletons on the ground and blood across walls, with tally marks across rooms signifying how long people have tried to survive in there etc. It's good fun I think :p Also have come across 3 people now, and i will admit I have intentionally avoided face-to-face contact with other players, the ones I have, haven't made any move to attack me, and 2 of em had a bigger gun than I.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Project Zomboid... also try out the beta version (in the game properties) for some fun vehicle action... buggy as hell but no longer takes best part of an in-game day to get from West Point to Muldraugh.

Edit: I should add it's not FPS but Isometric viewpoint but that does not ruin gameplay for this type of game.. it's been done pretty well.

Last edited:
Thread starter #9
I'm not sure if I would enjoy project zomboid, not because of the game play but due to the player view I tend to enjoy more 1st person view lol

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Dayz will be a good game when it is completed, but they have been redoing the whole thing and it will take a long time to fix everything. They are as stressed out as the community. But dayz is fun in its own way.
Lose your faith in DAYZ my friend. Its been in Development since before the dinosaurs went extinct and it will never be a polished must have. But Project Zomboid is fun. Until you get tired of the repetition. I have migrating away from gaming for a bit so I cant provide any new recommendations but I would go back to the old RE games and replay those! A few are on steam now like the remastered RE that came out for Gamecube/PS2. Always a jumper/ thrilling play through!

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Dying light is fun, it is not for everyone though.

And we cant loose faith in Dayz, some of us really enjoy that type of arma game experience. I am or was heavy into Epoch and Exile, server and coding. So dayz is just another attraction.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Just played DayZ again last night, after the server i played on restarted 3 times, I lost a big cargo truck twice, the second time it just seemed to despawn or something, my friend got stuck inside the floorboards of a house and we had to kill him, and upon arriving at a military instillation, lost the vehicle we'd gotten there in due to a server restart. All whilst never seeing a single soul or hearing a shot on a "High Population" server. The most interesting thing we did in 3 hours of play was shoot a herd of deer that we saw. ;(

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
lol dam yea it sucks doing that i havent done any of that since arma 2
what server you play on
I had about 6 servers all at one time made up with Arma 3 Epoch, Exile running. Infected to AI, scripted my own server and it was awesome.

I try to play or did on different servers, the last one was fun as heck until one clan was grieving all the time, at safe zones etc. exo was one, a few other top named then Tanoa took a dive with players due to nobody wishing to upgrade.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I had about 6 servers all at one time made up with Arma 3 Epoch, Exile running. Infected to AI, scripted my own server and it was awesome.

I try to play or did on different servers, the last one was fun as heck until one clan was grieving all the time, at safe zones etc. exo was one, a few other top named then Tanoa took a dive with players due to nobody wishing to upgrade.
me and my buddies have found one kinda fun