• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress 5 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakub Vala

Backer
Well I am reconciled with fact that I was robed when I backed this game as it is obviously never gonna be released. Tons of other Zombie/Survival games were realeased since your game was backed and you showed us nothing playable since then... I dont understand why those people keep believing that you are actualy doing something and tell you that you keep up a good work... thats crazy... You keep postponing the test version dates so I guess the game is not even playable at the moment... How long actually you have been working on such game? Yea you are just a small team right? Like for sure there are no One-to-two member developer teams that created good and complex games faster

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well I am reconciled with fact that I was robed when I backed this game as it is obviously never gonna be released. Tons of other Zombie/Survival games were realeased since your game was backed and you showed us nothing playable since then... I dont understand why those people keep believing that you are actualy doing something and tell you that you keep up a good work... thats crazy... You keep postponing the test version dates so I guess the game is not even playable at the moment... How long actually you have been working on such game? Yea you are just a small team right? Like for sure there are no One-to-two member developer teams that created good and complex games faster
So did you read and understand my post? Yes, it's frustrating that the game isn't released yet. I feel your pain. I backed this on Kickstarter many years ago. I've been through the "provisionally booking holiday" at work so I could spent time on the stress tests, only to go in to work because of delays.

I'll say it once again - I've backed the dream, I've backed the idea. I'm "on-board" with the concept, and I like what I've seen so far.
Software always takes more time than you think to write properly.

I believe this will be the best zombie survival game.

You're right though, it will be late to the party, there are lots of other games of this genera around, many of which have been released since this one was announced. But STN has a lot of unique features. I think that's worth the wait.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
There have been 2 backers tests already, did you miss them? You ain't been robbed, and they only postponing the backers Alpha(before it drops on Steam EA) so folks like you don't act all whiny when it's not a complete game :) Early Access dude, chill out, it'll be with us soon

Edit - It will be buggy, and it won't be complete, but this is what we all backed, and we should all know how early access titles work by now

Last edited:

Dark Rider 400

Informed Pre-Orderer
Backer
Well since my other, more flame-filled post got deleted, I'll start over on a new foot. You didn't get robbed. There's always a warning specifically saying that a project might not come to fruition. You knew what you were doing when you backed this project. However the team is coming along very nicely and the Alpha should be out fairly soon. Play some other games like the rest of us here, and wait patiently for the Alpha where you can fulfill your wildest post-apocalyptic dreams. We've all been waiting, but only a select few have been whining about anything. Don't start becoming one of those few.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
For me and most members I think would be bitching if they dropped a game in December and you got 10 to 15 fps. Or you eat food and crashed server. That would suck more than a delay imo

Dark Rider 400

Informed Pre-Orderer
Backer
For me and most members I think would be bitching if they dropped a game in December and you got 10 to 15 fps. Or you eat food and crashed server. That would suck more than a delay imo
Oh god, like that time in DayZ a few patches ago where chicken on a stick would crash a server? Lmao it was so horrible.

gericko

Backer
After all those post saying i want to play now or where is my game i wonder what they expect they will get? I have a feeling people think they get a finished game with all functions etc. in it.

When we can play it i actualy expect me to rage 100 times as i die because i got killed or even disconnected/kicked off because of some freaking bug. Then i need to go to the forums and rage at the devs because of this certain bug and continue on again:p

that's why I don't understand why they take so mch time... it's an alpha and It seems they want to make a finished game... I bet it will be unplayable for most of us !!!

Davidbc

Survivor
Backer
that's why I don't understand why they take so mch time... it's an alpha and It seems they want to make a finished game... I bet it will be unplayable for most of us !!!
Thank you sir, the developers have seen your comment and have decided to release the game right now.

Templar

Survivor
Backer
Just have patience dude. Video games take years to get developed. Even for big development teams.

Davidbc

Survivor
Backer
The game has been in development for just 2 years, and we all have played twice on the stress tests and they were perfectly playable (with many missing features of course, but playable)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Okay, let's break it down a bit.

Do you have any experience in making games or the issues that can arise when making a game?

What rig are you planning to run StN on? (The more detailed the specs you provide the better)

Are you always this negative? Cos if you are then you are not invited to the annual Black Island Sheriffs Department Party*

Do you plan on adding anything beneficial to any of the threads, by way of constructive criticism?

*Joking, everyone is invited, but you won't be allowed any of my vodka :p

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Status
Not open for further replies.