• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress 5 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
lol according to what kind of abuse
Little bit of mental, physical and trans-dimensional ;)

I need to sell some brick walls for people to bang their heads against.. I'd make a killing around here :p

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer

Jakub Vala

Backer
Okay, let's break it down a bit.

Do you have any experience in making games or the issues that can arise when making a game?

What rig are you planning to run StN on? (The more detailed the specs you provide the better)

Are you always this negative? Cos if you are then you are not invited to the annual Black Island Sheriffs Department Party*

Do you plan on adding anything beneficial to any of the threads, by way of constructive criticism?

*Joking, everyone is invited, but you won't be allowed any of my vodka :p
Well I was not all that negative before.

But since Negan is bullying our group I got pretty stressed out (that Crazy F*ck and his lucille).

And if this information would bring any sattisfaction to you then my PC specs are:
CPU: I5-7600K (together with Cooler master Evo 212+)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6GB OC
MB: Asus Z270-p
PSU: 600W

And I will rather not go into your party, as I was once at some in Alexandria and it did not go well :)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Well I was not all that negative before.

But since Negan is bullying our group I got pretty stressed out (that Crazy F*ck and his lucille).

And if this information would bring any sattisfaction to you then my PC specs are:
CPU: I5-7600K (together with Cooler master Evo 212+)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6GB OC
MB: Asus Z270-p
PSU: 600W

And I will rather not go into your party, as I was once at some in Alexandria and it did not go well :)
Aha, mis-communication, that comment was a reply to another forum user :p

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Ok then, to go over the questions I asked in the reply to Jamais, which you quoted.

1 - Forum users with no experience in game design, or knowledge of the issues that can arise during game development(myself included), will have little understanding if any, except from experiences on other EA titles. Missed dates, buggy content, buggy builds, build that are unplayable, builds that work then get updated and become broken, are all things that some if not most of us would have experienced in other early access titles. People will be hyped, people will be pissed off, but people should also be able to manage their own expectations, with the experiences they have had with other titles. This doesn't just apply to StN, but to any EA title, constantly asking the same question, and ignoring the fact that question has been answered numerous times doesn't help anybody, asking the same question then shit posting in other threads, is even worse.

2 - Folks saying the game probably won't even run on their rig, well, that's a unknown at the moment. There is info on the forums for performance on various users rigs from the first 2 tests, but as the game grows, the Minimum spec may change, this is something that we can help with during Alpha(Your rig should be fine, as it's a decent build) but you can contribute to the specs thread over here - https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/system-specs-for-backer-alpha.7746/ which will assist the devs with feedback regarding performance on various set ups. For anyone who is running a absolute toaster build, that struggles to do more than Excel spreadhseets, then backing a game like this will not have been the wisest thing they have done.

3 - Negativity is never good, we don't censor or remove mild cases of it, only if it's continual abuse of the forum rules from the same member, despite them being warned. Constructive criticism is always welcome though, so rather than anyone posting 'Your game/communication/dev skills is shit' explain why it is shit, start threads about what is shit and how it could be changed, you may get a response you are happy with, you may not, the guys are working hard, and they have been for years now. There will come a point when they will have tackled a lot of the issues that can crop up during game development, and things will run much smoother.

And with regards to the Black Islands sheriff department party this year, it's been cancelled, someone spent all the funds on bleach and paper cups, i'm looking at you @Montauk

TL: DR - I'm off out to the shops to get some Vodka, I have dungeons that need to be explored later, and if Montauk offers you a drink, just say no!

Status
Not open for further replies.