• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer1633

Backer
Hopefully progress is going as expected. Would love to get an early build of this soon to help with ongoing development. And I also just really want to try it out. :)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
hey its been along time since last update from you guys. so i just wonder how is the progress going :D
The guys are doing their first "big" internal tests this week, I think they started yesterday, and @JB is planning an update for sometime this week, probably between Friday & Sunday. They are aiming for Backer release by the end of this month, and public steam release in Aug/Sep, but that is subject to change

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
My friends and I have been chomping at the bit for this release. It will be nice to finally have a chance to experience it for ourselves. Finding a good multiplayer survival game is no easy task these days, so much poop on the steam store.

Best of luck getting your initial release done!

Shishiaha

Backer
@colours You are absolutely right. You can try Project Zomboid with your friends while waiting for STN. I highly recommend this one if you never tried.

I would like to play the game asap, but i do prefer to get a proper first build, and i support the devs in that way as we should all do.

Smiles

Backer
This weekend can't go by fast enough, I hope and pray everything goes as planned and EA comes soon.

Madcribby

Backer
So what kinda games we getting down on this weekend while we wait for a status update? I'll probably play some arma 3 and get my butt whooped by some NPC's.

1 Eyed Gamer

Backer
Conan exiles and pubg are what I'm playing while waiting. Hopefully we will get an update tomorrow then have code mid week sometime I'm so pumped to play!!

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
How is conan havent hurd abought that game sence it came out how updates going with it is it getting better
Actually take everything you've hear about Conan Exiles and erase it. Similarly to STN, it's in Early Access Alpha, which people can't seem to understand about if for some reason Lol. It's got things that make it unique, the latest update was really good for it, and its only getting better. But it will, as all early access games do, have issues with balancing, FPS in some spots, and unfinished sections.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Conan could have been something amazing but instead its just another generic survival game.
Biggest downfall is its battle system, it was supposed to be unique but its not its very basic, something anyone could have scripted using youtube tutorials.
I have seen indie games with better animal ai. Its not a true open world either, enemy animal spawning is as basic as you can make it, they stand around until you interact with them, they respawn in the same spot few minutes after you kill them so if you want to go inland you have to take a path, killing 5-6 hyenas, on your way back you have to kill those hyenas again, this game feels more like an mmo than an open world survival game.
The game has only been out for about 7-8 months and normally it wouldnt be fair to judge it just yet but this is Funcom and not a bunch of guys working out of their bedrooms.

Marvman

Backer
I am playing The Long Dark during the waiting for STN.
I like it very much cause its only a singleplayer sandbox where no damn idiots shooting on sight and kill you shortly after spawning.
There you feel lost and small cause of the heavy weatherconditions and the animals can kill you very fast cause you have no weapons like machineguns or combatrifles.
Great athmosphere!

I hope STN will make it better looking on pvp/pve...
I hate those bastards who only get in the game to shoot someone without any reasons!
They are destroying the whole survivalfeeling.
Can´t they play COD or something else?!

Status
Not open for further replies.