• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
Conan could have been something amazing but instead its just another generic survival game.
Biggest downfall is its battle system, it was supposed to be unique but its not its very basic, something anyone could have scripted using youtube tutorials.
I have seen indie games with better animal ai. Its not a true open world either, enemy animal spawning is as basic as you can make it, they stand around until you interact with them, they respawn in the same spot few minutes after you kill them so if you want to go inland you have to take a path, killing 5-6 hyenas, on your way back you have to kill those hyenas again, this game feels more like an mmo than an open world survival game.
The game has only been out for about 7-8 months and normally it wouldnt be fair to judge it just yet but this is Funcom and not a bunch of guys working out of their bedrooms.
Yea thats why i havent got it the ai seemedlike a turent and had no life to it

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
Actually take everything you've hear about Conan Exiles and erase it. Similarly to STN, it's in Early Access Alpha, which people can't seem to understand about if for some reason Lol. It's got things that make it unique, the latest update was really good for it, and its only getting better. But it will, as all early access games do, have issues with balancing, FPS in some spots, and unfinished sections.
Yea understand that good half my games are EA games i only get them causd i know ptice may jump up after full realeas well if i find interest in them anyways but yea the ai is what i dont like with it

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think we'll all get an update soon.
Why not buy the team some 'coffee' while you're waiting?
And yes, I'm a complete STN fan boy ...

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
I think we'll all get an update soon.
Why not buy the team some 'coffee' while you're waiting?
And yes, I'm a complete STN fan boy ...
I wouldnt call you a fanboy, fanboys usually attack anyone who talks even slightly negative about a game, they defend the game no matter how terrible or poor its designed.
You have been active and very helpful on these forums, not to mention your lore stories entertaining us.

Guardian80

Backer
Well just a little note!! tomorrow is Monday and so happens to be my birthday so not fair.. Can you believe it a week day no less! Feeling depressed.
Maybe a release tomorrow may help cheer me up !!
Just saying!!

On a serious note... You guys work very hard and can't wait to see something so amazing, well done and a big high 5 to everyone in the forums, have a good Sunday!!

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Well just a little note!! tomorrow is Monday and so happens to be my birthday so not fair.. Can you believe it a week day no less! Feeling depressed.
Just saying!!

On a serious note... You guys work very hard and can't wait to see something so amazing, well done and a big high 5 to everyone in the forums, have a good Sunday!!
Happy early birthday to you mate! And I can say for sure no release tomorrow, but can also say for sure we will be getting some information we've all been waiting for regarding the game tomorrow :)

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Just saying!!

Happy bday and may we celebrate it by downloading a backer version of STN

Templar

Survivor
Backer
You guys must realize that there is no fully fleshed out open world zombie FPS game on the market yet. STN is still pioneering and there is your reason why issues happen during the development; an open world zombie survival game is just a really hard concept to develop as a videogame compared to for example a race game or a FPS shooter. This is also the reason no in-development Early Access open world zombie game has come any close to being finished, each game developer struggles with this. Cherish hope that STN aims to be a qualitative zombie open world game which aims for alot of unique things and an authentic experience compared to the cash grabber games already out there in early access.

Status
Not open for further replies.