1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Current Progress 7

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Mar 11, 2017.

1. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    totally agree. the time taken to make something playable far out weighs a early release of a terrible product

JB_ and Montauk like this.
  2. Montauk

Montauk Test Subject Lead Mod Backer

Jun 5, 2015
    As far as I'm aware there aren't any plans for 'special' zombies, or at least none that have been officially defined other than the classic, slow, relentless Romero movie style zombie. There has been much discussion on this though, have a look. https://community.survivethenights.net/search/1893896/?q=zombies&o=date&c[title_only]=1

*not posting actual thread links because I'm lazy at doing your too lazy to search search for you*

3. Bodine Antrobus

Bodine Antrobus Active Member Backer

Sep 3, 2016
    I really like your idea for zombies being able to knock them over, therefore they don't work. That's a realistic and practical approach. Smart thinking.

Akcabouse, JB_ and NothingsTRUE like this.
  4. BlankTheSurvivor

BlankTheSurvivor Petrified in Evil Forest Backer

Jan 17, 2017
    I love the pictures, also about zombies should search for player, attracted by the noise :)

JB_ likes this.
  5. patryks2314

patryks2314 New Member Backer

Jan 16, 2015
    zombies should be attracted by noise but they should do no damage do machinery, just start gathering near machinery, or start sniff around.

JB_ likes this.
  6. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    i think zombies should hit it till it stops, by doing so it it breaks minor things. if they dont do anything to the machines ill just place them as bait for target practice or to keep them away from my place... consequences are needed for luxury

7. maximum68

maximum68 Member Backer

Jul 17, 2015
    Like Most here ive been here since before the first ST and i have been patient and will continue to be to see what appears so far to be the best game in LONG time. I'm eager to see just how much breaking i can do to help you guys. keep up the amazing work.

JB_ and !!APB!! ZXET like this.
  8. meateatercat

meateatercat Loves dank memes Backer

Jul 28, 2015
    Well even if they didn't attack them, the noise would attract them in a radius most certainly.

NathanD, Num47 and JB_ like this.
  9. Boris the Butcher

Boris the Butcher Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I want it to be hard, like risk reward. Lots of zombies in towns but also good loto I want to leave a friend behind because it was him or me. I want to die alot!! Also I'm sure its been addressed but preorder (I bought in dec) will everyone be emailed a code top help bug and stress test or not everyone?

Num47 likes this.
  10. WingBroStudios

WingBroStudios Fellow Game Designer Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    The zombies should not attack machinery during the day, at night I think they could be attracted to machinery. That would be cool.

Num47 likes this.
  11. Standbyal

Standbyal Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Depending on what story going with for the zombies instead of them attacking machines one thing dropped something on to it that will hasten its DK and you have to clean it off every now and again. Some kind of parasite or creature or thing that will encourage players to properly secure machines that are being used....

Just a thought

12. boxanata

boxanata Active Member Backer

Mar 9, 2015
    If possible, why not make Aggressive IA an option for server hosts? That way everyone is pleased!

Standbyal likes this.
  13. Montauk

Montauk Test Subject Lead Mod Backer

Jun 5, 2015
    Everyone who has backed the game, either via Kickstarter or pre-ordered via the Humble Bundle widget, will be able to participate in the Community Alpha.

Num47 likes this.
  14. darkrobb

darkrobb Member Backer

Jul 21, 2016
    My thought is that yes zeds should be atracted to the noise of the machinery,
    but they should not be able to damage things like power stations, or pomp houses.
    since most of these would be of concrete i would immagine (those are buildings).

instead machinery would need maintenance,
    but if for example an engine for the pump is in a location where zeds can get to (so inside the building)
    they would have a chance for an arm or a leg to get stuck in the machine and stop it.

then you would have to go there, deal with whatever zeds are there, clean/repair the machine.
    during the downtime, the machine wont make noise and zeds would seek other noice, flesh, roam around, etc.

this makes it you dont have to be there 24/7, if you wait long enough getting to the machine would be easyer but during that time you dont have power/water/etc. and if you fortify it so they cant get in you wont have to clean the machine. just some regular changes of the belt etc.

i hope this is some idea for a middle ground and maybe even inspire ppl for their own ideas.

15. Dominance

Dominance Member Backer

Jul 20, 2015
    I hope you can trap hordes in the back of box trucks and then release them out into someones base.

16. Mispeledgaming

Mispeledgaming New Member Backer

Mar 17, 2017
    The possibility seems to be in place already if you watch the WIP videos in one the player attracts small groups of zeds with a pig bomb made form a propane tank and pig leg I'd think if you put one of them into say U-Haul type truck and shut the door without detonating don't see why it wouldn't work other than a clipping issue but that could be patched

Num47 likes this.
  17. NathanD

NathanD Freelance Bum Backer

May 16, 2015
    Another good idea .

If the pump/generator is unhoused maybe a knock over mechanism like a tilt switch would shut off the generator instead of actual physical damage ( still have the maintenance component of course ) .

Akcabouse likes this.
  18. FuzioN

FuzioN Well-Known Member Backer

Nov 12, 2014
    someone mentioned special zombies we had a discussion about it back like 1 year back it was back and fourth some wanted them some didnt want it.

i said for myself i would like special zeds that are in specific areas that takes the game to a whole new challange, Like spitters or using tongues, but i think devs debunked it with saying zeds will be really crazy during night.

and who knows maybe later down the line in development we might see some rare crazy zeds.
    aslong as the first zombies are dangerous during the night and relentless and not slow moving 1 shot in head dead facerolling type of zeds.

Then that wont be nessecary in good while, however if there comes a problem with coding dangerous normal zombies or the night zombies devs might have to reconcider adding some "odd" ones that have some mutated limbs and stuff but most of the zeds will prolly be the normal slow walking during day, and in the night hit harder and faster and more durable and run fast as hell!

Question here will be to up to discover are they dangerous enuff?

that will be up to us and devs to see.

19. Vongrimm

Vongrimm Survivor Backer

Dec 18, 2016
    I can understand why the idea of zombies attacking machinery is being discussed as otherwise there would be no risk to having a generator or machinery running at all.

A trade off for me is that all mechanical equipment requires maintainence over a set period. Say every 7 days. Zombies would be attracted to and gather at the noise. So if you want to have your precious power or freshwater you will need to risk clearing the Zombies away in order to maintain it, if you don't it will fail at varying degrees of catastrophe! The best being an individual part fails, worst being it blows up.

Slipscream, Num47 and RickGrimes like this.
  20. NathanD

NathanD Freelance Bum Backer

May 16, 2015
    For the love of God ...NO SPECIAL ZOMBIES ! I hate it ...either make a dangerous horde or go home...mutants etc have been sooo overdone . What I am looking for is a game that makes the horde a danger just by numbers alone ...