• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress and the Coming Alpha Build

Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello all!

Wow, December has just flown by. We feel as if we threw that item video together yesterday and here it is the 23rd already!

We are making great progress. We’ve had a few unexpected issues and we’ve also changed quite a few things in the last weeks. We’re doing our best to get backers playing within the next two weeks. Sunday is Christmas and we’ll likely all take the day off, we’ll be back to it Monday/Tuesday and a December release is still possible.

We just wanted to reach out, take a step back and fill everyone in. We see some of you f5’n like mad :p.

Let’s talk a bit about what is going to happen in the coming week(s) when builds are released as we feel some people are confused and we’ve not been very clear on the matter.

As soon as our internal builds are stable and any major issues that we alone can find are sorted, we’ll release Steam keys. Anyone that has backed STN and anyone that pre-orders up until that point will receive a Steam key. Survive the Nights is now fully integrated with Steam so you’ll download and we’ll update via Steam.

We’ll spend as much time together to figure out any big game stopping issues and bugs. Once these builds are stable, we’ll release on Steam’s Early Access program. :)

What can you expect with these early builds? We’ve seen quite a few comments and get the general vibe that some of you are expecting a polished masterpiece here. That’s not what we’ll all be working on in the coming months. STN has been in development since February of 2015 so we’re still early in development. We’re going public now because we need the player base for testing and building upon. We’ve incorporated a ton of great forum/backer ideas! We hope to continue incorporating the fantastic community driven content as we move along.

Once again, we’re working around the clock and we’re all pretty burnt out but please, if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

The entire team wishes you all a very happy holiday! We’ll see you on servers shortly :)

Thread starter Admin #6

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Probably not but we'll do our damnedest to try!! (tableflip)
JB can you info us prior to when your going to release on steam? like a week in advance approx?

I have my reasons. If it is possible at all, and don't close the other gateways down just yet please.

Thread starter Admin #8

JB_

Developer
Developer
JB can you info us prior to when your going to release on steam? like a week in advance approx?

I have my reasons. If it is possible at all, and don't close the other gateways down just yet please.
Yeah we'll give everyone a bit of time and set an actual date once things are stable.

Vidaar

Renegade Gamer!
Backer
2015? I pre-order the game in 2014 @JB do you me STN been in development since February 2014? Or do you mean the new build under the new unity engine?

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Yeah i like so many others have been watching this game since it first was kickstarter, just some of us have businesses to pay for too, and employees to cover so we could not back the project like wanted. But what i can do, is pre order it before steam release and get some backers on the table. Not a good way to handle it but it is what it is. Bills come first.

Then ill feel i followed along like the rest of you. Just a tad later.

Vongrimm

Survivor
Backer
I for one will be gutted if you guys work xmas day @JB_ . Yes we can't wait to get our hands on what you have done so far and we can't wait to take this game further.

But dude..... take a break! It is "just a game". Don't work xmas day, santa will cry.

Have a great Xmas, you guys deserve it!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Huzzah!... I love it when you fill us in, and I'm glad that your not too eager to just kick it out the door...

Screenies? :rolleyes:

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
ha
I for one will be gutted if you guys work xmas day @JB_ . Yes we can't wait to get our hands on what you have done so far and we can't wait to take this game further.

But dude..... take a break! It is "just a game". Don't work xmas day, santa will cry.

Have a great Xmas, you guys deserve it!
haha its just a game... to us its just a game, to the company it is a job first then.....

I work Christmas if i had to, not on the 25th though, but at home. You have to keep up all the time in business. he has two models to fill.

Thread starter Admin #16

JB_

Developer
Developer