• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress and the Coming Alpha Build

Thread starter Admin #244

way420

Survivor
Backer
Do you mean officially hosted servers? On our upcoming initial release we'll only have officially hosted servers. Servers we're running and controlling. Once those servers are stable we'll allow players to rent servers from @Clinton who runs Allgamer.net. After some time of stability and control we'll release backend software and allow players to host servers on their own rigs :) That's the plan at least :p

hummm what's the difference between him running it and players running there own you still have to make server program for him to run it on his pay for server rental site oooo wait for him to pull sum private cash if your going to release the server release it for every one first time I'm mad with stn

Thread starter Admin #247

JB_

Developer
Developer
hummm what's the difference between him running it and players running there own you still have to make server program for him to run it on his pay for server rental site oooo wait for him to pull sum private cash if your going to release the server release it for every one first time I'm mad with stn
You've misunderstood my comment, players will eventually get server backend. They'll be able to run servers on their own machines.

way420

Survivor
Backer
You've misunderstood my comment, players will eventually get server backend. They'll be able to run servers on their own machines.
right away or soon as Clinton gets his server backend to rent out his servers?

Thread starter Admin #249

JB_

Developer
Developer
right away or soon as Clinton gets his server backend to rent out his servers?
Not sure what you're aiming at here. Server software will be released when the team feels it's ready for release, there's no grand conspiracy.

This likely will not happen in an alpha state because any self respecting dev wouldn't expect a player to both manage a broken server and a buggy client. Server software will be released when it's super stable and respectable.

Allgamer is our choice as official along with player alpha hosting because they're the best company we've ever dealt with simply put.

way420

Survivor
Backer
Not sure what you're aiming at here. Server software will be released when the team feels it's ready for release, there's no grand conspiracy.

This likely will not happen in an alpha state because any self respecting dev wouldn't expect a player to both manage a broken server and a buggy client. Server software will be released when it's super stable and respectable.

Allgamer is our choice as official along with player alpha hosting because they're the best company we've ever dealt with simply put.
hahahah you haven't seen many games on steam have you 65% of steam is pre alpha games and all from rust to ark had backend server broken or not right from day one many using unity and all its flaws its so h1z1 ish to say hay rent a server if you wana run one I'm just sayin I own my own serve tower I love running servers if backend is release to a private server rental place it should be givin to every one the same time np one would loose money for the fact not every one has there own server and this guy does I would run a server day one if I get a chance run alot already

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
This was such a nice thread for a while :(
I know right?

@way420 I think the current plan for servers has been made clear, and while I understand the logic of just going ahead and releasing the server backend software on release, I also understand the logic behind holding it back until STN is more stable and ultimately more enjoyable. Not just from a player standpoint but for server owners/operators as well.

way420

Survivor
Backer
I know right?

@way420 I think the current plan for servers has been made clear, and while I understand the logic of just going ahead and releasing the server backend software on release, I also understand the logic behind holding it back until STN is more stable and ultimately more enjoyable. Not just from a player standpoint but for server owners/operators as well.
I know I know but you know me y pay sumone else what I can do for myself beside glichy is glichy server or client more runnin either is more bug reports for both sides and faster fixes now I'm done just like doin my own thing without dependin on others

TheOnePunisher

Survivor
Backer
I know right?

I can't wait to see if I can break the game in amusing ways, will make for awesome forum posts. <3

Kat

Zombie Farmer
Backer
hahahah you haven't seen many games on steam have you 65% of steam is pre alpha games and all from rust to ark had backend server broken or not right from day one many using unity and all its flaws its so h1z1 ish to say hay rent a server if you wana run one I'm just sayin I own my own serve tower I love running servers if backend is release to a private server rental place it should be givin to every one the same time np one would loose money for the fact not every one has there own server and this guy does I would run a server day one if I get a chance run alot already

Can we not make run on sentences?
Just let the devs do the game how they want it. Its not even out in Alpha and people are already bitching.

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
@Clinton do you know how much a server will be to rent. doesn't have to be exact just a ballpark figure would be nice
Don't quote me, but I'm expecting around $1/player. We'll have to see how the resource usage goes once the release is out and make a decision from there.