• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Our Current Progress and the Coming Alpha Build

FuzioN

Backer
hahahah you haven't seen many games on steam have you 65% of steam is pre alpha games and all from rust to ark had backend server broken or not right from day one many using unity and all its flaws its so h1z1 ish to say hay rent a server if you wana run one I'm just sayin I own my own serve tower I love running servers if backend is release to a private server rental place it should be givin to every one the same time np one would loose money for the fact not every one has there own server and this guy does I would run a server day one if I get a chance run alot already
and we see how well they are going, have you been to a rust or ark server and seen the lagg and performance issues? and they have been in alpha/beta for how long now?

Look if you know just a tiny bit about development process you know its not to code one page. or you take some code from another game and just slap it on with some modifications and viola you have so you can have your own servers.

Sure you could do that but man boy, expect issues beyond playability and bugs.

and i loved these games, and dont get me wrong here im not here to defend jb, im here to state the fact of the matter is, they want it out into EA to get bugs sorted of the core game and players to test like.

How is the economy going?
how is the droprate of things?
How is insanity going?
How laggy is it with the zombies? are the acting correctly or is there some unforseen bugs?
how is recoil handling in mp?
How is traps working?

is the respawn of items working correctly?

Like these are just a few from me i could sit here and name shit ton of more, and you complain over having a private server?

I respect your opinion about this but without sounding harsh i think it bonkers that you want a private server before core gameplay elements have even been bugtested on the devs servers.

its EA for a reason.

its like i would expect an ea game or alpha, to have awsome hitboxes recoil, i will find stuff in every house, no bad textures working cars, light effects that are final.

The game is not finished its just more open for playablity and testing for backers.

It's a little frustrating after hoping for a December release...but hopefully good things come to those who wait. I pray its not too much longer though xD.

cheeze

Backer
and we see how well they are going, have you been to a rust or ark server and seen the lagg and performance issues? and they have been in alpha/beta for how long now?

Look if you know just a tiny bit about development process you know its not to code one page. or you take some code from another game and just slap it on with some modifications and viola you have so you can have your own servers.

Sure you could do that but man boy, expect issues beyond playability and bugs.

and i loved these games, and dont get me wrong here im not here to defend jb, im here to state the fact of the matter is, they want it out into EA to get bugs sorted of the core game and players to test like.

How is the economy going?
how is the droprate of things?
How is insanity going?
How laggy is it with the zombies? are the acting correctly or is there some unforseen bugs?
how is recoil handling in mp?
How is traps working?

is the respawn of items working correctly?

Like these are just a few from me i could sit here and name shit ton of more, and you complain over having a private server?

I respect your opinion about this but without sounding harsh i think it bonkers that you want a private server before core gameplay elements have even been bugtested on the devs servers.

its EA for a reason.

its like i would expect an ea game or alpha, to have awsome hitboxes recoil, i will find stuff in every house, no bad textures working cars, light effects that are final.

The game is not finished its just more open for playablity and testing for backers.
How are* traps working
Are items respawning correctly*

GrumpyBear

Backer
Hey guys chill out yeah yeah it wasn't out as promised but hey I'd rather a game come out that works. Look at DayzSA been out how many years now? And still can't say it should be in EA ;) I'm sure things will be ready soon maybe today, Maybe tomorrow or next week. But we all know it's going to be worth it!

thelegend27

This one player keeps kicking your ass
Hey guys chill out yeah yeah it wasn't out as promised but hey I'd rather a game come out that works. Look at DayzSA been out how many years now? And still can't say it should be in EA ;) I'm sure things will be ready soon maybe today, Maybe tomorrow or next week. But we all know it's going to be worth it!
dayz plays and runs fine actually.

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Don't quote me, but I'm expecting around $1/player. We'll have to see how the resource usage goes once the release is out and make a decision from there.
I have to quote you, it is about right in most ways.

It will drop the more servers are rented and others fill up too. It has to beat sales like rust, and easy to install and configure for them to drop the prices and low processing power. I think they generally start at 1 dollar.

I know right?

@way420 I think the current plan for servers has been made clear, and while I understand the logic of just going ahead and releasing the server backend software on release, I also understand the logic behind holding it back until STN is more stable and ultimately more enjoyable. Not just from a player standpoint but for server owners/operators as well.
I think i started maybe the wrong topic questions inside the thread. Sorry guys. Experience with rust, arma, ark, pretty much all games hosted or gsp experience. It is 2nd nature to just ask these days.

Again sorry if i confused the people that had no experience in server administration. I should have taken that to a PM.