• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Padlock Cutters/Wire Snippers?

Thread starter #1

DazedGlory

Backer
Wire Snippers -- to help cut down wires of all variety and use them in different areas

The idea of Padlock Cutters? i guess would be questionable since it seems you can lock your supply boxes i also feel these should be rare for those bandits, but i was thinking more of an area would be chain locked and youd wanna get thru the fence or even the chained padlocked door?

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
'Bolt Cutters', I had mentioned in the Steam discussions, and also to use a oxy/acetylene torch to cut through locks also.

It's a pretty cool idea, especially if you could also cut holes into chain-link fences for an easy entrance. Also, I moved this to the items category. Please remember to put your threads in the proper category guys!

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Would be nice to use them to take fences away for your own use.

Thread starter #6

DazedGlory

Backer
It's a pretty cool idea, especially if you could also cut holes into chain-link fences for an easy entrance. Also, I moved this to the items category. Please remember to put your threads in the proper category guys!
was almost positive it was in the items but i guess it wasnt, that would be my bad.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
Last edited:

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
and i would like to see wire cutters in the game

Thread starter #9

DazedGlory

Backer
i s

aw someone mention it on one of the threads on locks
i also mention lockpicks but im sure they became a thing before i mentioned it I'm sure but it should involve a window that allowed you to actually unlock it or at least give lockpicking a chance to fail and break the material so its no so simple.

MANE_GAME

Irrelevant YouTuber
Backer
This just came to me yesterday, and one thing I've always wished to have in a survival game was the possibility of being able to find some sort of wire cutter that your player could use on chain link fences on certain areas in order to pass through. Thoughts on this?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yea, don't think I've seen this mentioned before... cool idea, maybe they could be used for other things too... there could be a bike locked up, shutting off the power to a building maybe?... probably some other stuff as-well...

+1

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
This thread may be the same but mentioned a little differently:
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/padlock-cutters-wire-snippers.1004/#post-9729

I do like the idea of Bolt cutters but wire cutters (used to strip and cut different gauge electrical wire) would not be good for the bike chain and cutting large 400 amp gauge wire for houses.

For wire cutters or tin snips (metal cutting shears) thought it could be a necessary tool to work on anything electrical which will add to the hardness of repairing anything that requires wiring such as circuitry. +1

MANE_GAME

Irrelevant YouTuber
Backer
Yea, don't think I've seen this mentioned before... cool idea, maybe they could be used for other things too... there could be a bike locked up, shutting off the power to a building maybe?... probably some other stuff as-well...

+1
Yeah. Maybe wire Cutters were the wrong thing to say but I think you understood where I was going with it. But I agree many different things you could use with them!

http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/padlock-cutters-wire-snippers.1004/#post-9729

I do like the idea of Bolt cutters but wire cutters (used to strip and cut different gauge electrical wire) would not be good for the bike chain and cutting large 400 amp gauge wire for houses.

For wire cutters or tin snips (metal cutting shears) thought it could be a necessary tool to work on anything electrical which will add to the hardness of repairing anything that requires wiring such as circuitry. +1
Yea I guess tin snips was more what I meant not wire Cutters lol.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Doh... I was thinking of bolt cutters, not these...

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
well i dont know if you've ever used big wire cutters before, but its worth smacking someone over the head with em, they are really heavy, also what role would it play? weapon, tool, or both?