1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting buildings.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Pydda, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:11 PM.

Should Survive the Nights have the ability to paint on you own buildings and public buildings?

1. Both

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Only your own buldings

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pydda

Pydda I have no clue what im doing. Backer

Wednesday
    Couldn't find anything about this on the forums said except about painting vehicle and painting character face.

I just recently came up with this idée in my head and i haven't seen anything about this on the forum(s) or in feature "list". Or im just really blind somehow.

How about be available to paint on your own building(s) or public building(s)?
    That would be pretty neat.
    Im thinking that the paint should have a "%" and each plank should take around ~ish 1-5% or more ofc, depends on how long the plank/wall is.

Don't know if this was the right section to post it in, but move it please if it was wrong.

Cheers,
    Pydda

Num47 likes this.
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    It's an interesting idea, I've voted for 'only your own' ... I'm sort of thinking it could be like fortifying ... some basic colours added to planks on the windows or metal sheeting. Just raw colours added to items you add to the structure.

3. Handicap Jack

Handicap Jack Up for a laugh and down for giggle. Backer

Jul 23, 2015
    Also voted only our own. Would be interesting to see if the community itself used paint colours to indicate friendly status, like the friendly spam Q and E key to lean left and right dance in dayz.
    Dont see how the game would differentiate between your building and others unpess theres a plot marker thingy which I would be against for immersive reasons, you could of course just have the ability to paint fortifications.

The very likely use of paint would be rare I think due to not wanting to attract other players attention any more than an already boarded up house.

4. Pydda

Pydda I have no clue what im doing. Backer

Wednesday
    I see your guys point. My bad with the information about public buildings. I was thinking that it would be fun to leave some marks or words that could lead to your "clan's base" or your "clan's territory". Something like that or just random words.

Cheers,
    Pydda

5. iiBqntZ

iiBqntZ no one reads these anymore Backer

Mar 26, 2017
    I would love to go out and draw Kilroys across the map and references such as graffiti saying "I killed a man for my hat"