• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Passenger Firing.

Thread starter #1

StonefishStoner

Backer
I really think it would be a good idea if a passenger could fire from there seat. Would be very good for the multiplayer side of things as you and your friends could pile into the back of a jeep or a old land cruiser whilst another player drives. The way it would work is if you were in the back you could hold anything from a shotgun to a rifle though if you were a passenger you could only hold a small firearm like a pistol. To make this a lot less OP I think if you sit in the back you should have a 50% chance of being pulled out or being clipped and becoming infected.

Imagine losing your team and having to bale with the remainder so you all pile into a land cruiser, your friends are shooting as you are driving through a horde of zombies but your friends are ripped out of their seats and fall into the swarm, I really think things like this would make the game!

If they plan to add this or there is already a thread open for this please correct me.

Thread starter #3

StonefishStoner

Backer
Yeah I know what you mean, do you think the mental thing will stop them?

Last edited:

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Well any metal on the car is going stop bullets both ways so kinda hard to get a shot off wuth no window

Cole Polen

Backer
Regardless if drive bys happening. You would be able to shoot out of a car in real life, so why not? Yes this is a good idea. They Should add. Sitting in a passanger seat is boring only being able to look around. You can be able to shoot zombies and protect the driver.

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
Guns are going to be incredibly rare in this game if they make it in at all, zeds are supposed to be slow moving, unless they add them climbing to vehicles (which could be remedied by either door bashing or swerving the vehicle) shooting from a vehicle seems kinda pointless considering killing other player is supposed to be frowned upon.

Lokies

"Only The Strong Will Survive"
im pretty sure guns arnt gonna be that rare .... that would ruin the whole point of surviving ? very unlikely to survive with just a baseball bat when youre surrounded by hordes of zombies

Thread starter #10

StonefishStoner

Backer
Guns are going to be incredibly rare in this game if they make it in at all, zeds are supposed to be slow moving, unless they add them climbing to vehicles (which could be remedied by either door bashing or swerving the vehicle) shooting from a vehicle seems kinda pointless considering killing other player is supposed to be frowned upon.
I think they will add climbing into vehicles because, imagine just driving around 24/7 you would be unable to be killed? So open topped cars like jeeps would be a great example, the less protection your car has the more you risk being clipped by a zombie and being infected? So it gives passengers more of cause to shoot where as in the RV it should be limited so no one can shoot because no one risks being infected as no one is exposed.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I vote yes. Only because its realistic! Like breaking the front window, or sitting in the back of a jeep should allow you to still shoot. Although with a penalty.

Smacks

Backer
I would disagree with the statement about guns being incredibly rare. The developers have never stated such a thing. But i also don't think everyone is going to have a armory full of them either.

Thread starter #13

StonefishStoner

Backer
I would disagree with the statement about guns being incredibly rare. The developers have never stated such a thing. But i also don't think everyone is going to have a armory full of them either.
Yeah I hope it's really balanced and they spawn in different places everytime, so it's not like any other game where you run to the same spot get a gun, then get gunned down because nearly every player has a gun.

Smacks

Backer
Yeah I hope it's really balanced and they spawn in different places everytime, so it's not like any other game where you run to the same spot get a gun, then get gunned down because nearly every player has a gun.
I think ammo will be harder to find than guns. Guns are not much use without ammunition.

Archmage Lulu

Backer
I'd like to add slashing at the zombies as you drive, it'd be kind of fun to go 50mph and lop a zombies head off with a machete

Smacks

Backer
I'd like to add slashing at the zombies as you drive, it'd be kind of fun to go 50mph and lop a zombies head off with a machete
Have you ever hit anything with a machete or baseball bat from a moving vehicle? Its harder that it looks and you can really hurt yourself. Not that I have ever leaned out a friends car window with a baseball bat and played mailbox homerun derbie before. I'm just saying. Mass * acceleration = force.

Last edited:

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
I'm going to bring up state of decay, one of the many things I didn't like about it was the fact you could plow through zombies with no stopping. I think hitting zombies should make it harder to keep going either slowing you down or even stopping you if there's a pile of zeds under your car in that case, having friends gun down zombies to clear paths would be an interesting mechanic