• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Patch 0.2.2 (NEW VERSIONING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
it will only get better, with whats in store this is the game to have 4 2018
For sure, long way to go but lets see what its looking like middle of this year. I mean its not gonna beat the likes of Dead Island 2 or State of Decay 2 lol thats never gonna happen but could be a contender for indie game of the year assuming thats a thing. Frankly i hope STN remains as an indie game, things like 7days has tried to become more like a big commercial project. Look at the success of FTL Darkest Dungeon Subterrain Signs of Life and one or two others.

Anyone know if STN's on moddb? They run some sort of award system.
http://www.indiedb.com/groups/2017-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

Cool
http://www.moddb.com/games/survive-the-nights

Ima vote for STN when the 2018 awards are running will be sure to link here.

Last edited:

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Looks like you guys are making great progress! I also like that the nights will be shorter now. Does anyone know what there would even be to do at night in the full alpha? Without electricity, there really isn't much to do, and with it, how much more to do is there?

Kimokeo

I only have a day into STN, but atm I kinda like the crafting system where you drag items over and combine items to see if they make something or not. and hopefully it does get more complex. Kinda over the whole add this here and add that there and this is the result.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
The UI for crafting is quite confusing because you dont entirely know what you could craft. maybe if you clicked on an item it could show what you could craft with it.
I only have a day into STN, but atm I kinda like the crafting system where you drag items over and combine items to see if they make something or not. and hopefully it does get more complex. Kinda over the whole add this here and add that there and this is the result.
What if you could just drag one item in to the crafting menu and the produced items list updated to show what could be made with that item? Then click on a recipe to show what else you needed?
e.g. Drag a dirty mug in to the recipe section, the produced items list might show clean mug (bleach) and clean mug (washing up liquid). Highlighting clean mug (washing up liquid) in the produced items list updates the recipe section to add water and washing up liquid, both greyed out.

NyZRoTh

There's no escape
Backer
Hi ! First, very good job for this update :). Then, I've got a question, is there an IG map atm or not ? Thx ;)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Hi ! First, very good job for this update :). Then, I've got a question, is there an IG map atm or not ? Thx ;)
Yes - find a map by searching magazine racks in bus stops or at the checkout at a petrol (gas) station ... hold E until the circle completes. If you find one, you get a notification at the bottom of the screen. Then press M to bring it up. It's dragable and scrollable.
If you find a compass as well, your position on the map will show.

FallenEmber

Backer
Looks like you guys are making great progress! I also like that the nights will be shorter now. Does anyone know what there would even be to do at night in the full alpha? Without electricity, there really isn't much to do, and with it, how much more to do is there?
There are arcade machines in junk piles and in some 2 story houses ;)

desi08

Revanite
Backer
Yes - find a map by searching magazine racks in bus stops or at the checkout at a petrol (gas) station ... hold E until the circle completes. If you find one, you get a notification at the bottom of the screen. Then press M to bring it up. It's dragable and scrollable.
If you find a compass as well, your position on the map will show.
I like the map and compass, but I think they currently weigh 3 pounds a piece. I hope they look into that soon.

Charles Kelley

Backer
Is there a server status site yet? So we know if they are down for maintenance or if their is a problem on our end. Thanks, Game is great so far waiting to be able to fortify some.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Is there a server status site yet? So we know if they are down for maintenance or if their is a problem on our end. Thanks, Game is great so far waiting to be able to fortify some.
Not that I know of, but if you have questions about the stability on a day just pop in Discord and ask... probably the best thing so far to know if servers are up/missing.

Clinton will know the answer.

Thread starter Admin #35

Danielinnv

Survivor
Backer

FallenEmber

Backer
0.2.3 is now live on our experimental branch if you'd like to try that out and get to testing. Please test against the changelog https://changelog.survivethenights.net/ and report any issues you find on the tracker. Thanks for the continued support! https://bitbucket.org/STNIssueTracker/survive-the-nights-issue-tracker/issues?status=new&status=open
Can't melee weapon zombies now. Wish I was recording but all that would come out of them looked like dust and 10 hits with a baseball bat did no damage at all + no hit sounds.

Thread starter Admin #38

JB_

Developer
Developer
Can't melee weapon zombies now. Wish I was recording but all that would come out of them looked like dust and 10 hits with a baseball bat did no damage at all + no hit sounds.
Have run into this issue, created a ticket it's being worked on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.