• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Patient Zero??

Thread starter #1

SoldierX

Backer
Has anyone thought about Patient Zero? Like the first zombie, idk if it would be appropriate for it to have special abilities.
I was thinking maybe Patient Zero has regenerative abilities and is able to call for help(Zombies)

Thread starter #4

SoldierX

Backer
Thats Good, i didnt want it, to be honest. I Just wanted to put out some idea's is all.
Maybe for a background story element?
I like your idea Darkstar

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@SoldierX , yep, please take on board the 'no special powers' point from @iiBqntZ . You can find that in the first post of the 'lore' thread over here: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/. [EDIT - there have been some changes in the first post since it was first made - just noticed this] The other caveats are to try and keep it time and geographically independent. The only other advice I've had from @JB_ are that if you die from a zombie bite , you will turn, but other injuries won't necessarily cause the 'change'.

Throughout the forums, there are many idea about patient zero. These range from an unmarked area on the official STN map to a sick tourist (or more than one). Was there a secret government research facility? Was the disease bought over from the mainland? (Deliberately or accidentally). Did it start in humans, animals, an environmental pathogen? Are normal people now unsuspecting carriers?

As we move ever closer to the backer alpha release of the game [which we all hope will be soon!], now is a great time to be a community member here in the forums.

DON'T PANIC [Douglas Adams quote there], we're all friendly! Just dive right in and contribute! I'd be interested to hear more of your thoughts on the game and how you see it panning out. If you fancy adding some ideas on patient zero, perhaps the 'lore' post [link above] might be a good forum to put them in. Most of the members posting there seem to use a narrative type format. That doesn't mean you need to, or to try and tie in with what anyone else has written before.

Perhaps you should just ignore everyone else (barring the above guidelines) and start from how you see the game?

Hope to hear more of your ideas shortly!

[EDIT - please see inserted information in square brackets above]

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Throughout the forums, there are many idea about patient zero. These range from an unmarked area on the official STN map to a sick tourist (or more than one). Was there a secret government research facility? Was the disease bought over from the mainland? (Deliberately or accidentally). Did it start in humans, animals, an environmental pathogen? Are normal people now unsuspecting carriers?
This is how it should be kept, surrounded in rumors and theories all with possible leads to follow down some rabbit hole.

Not knowing is the best part, and also gives the player the option to come to their own conclusion, my opinion anyway :)

Edit: I do have some stuff I made to-do with this "patient z" kinda thing... a body transferral sheet from the island's coroner to an unknown group/person :eek: but photobucket has fudged up, so I'll need a new way to post stuff.

Last edited:
Thread starter #7

SoldierX

Backer
@SoldierX , yep, please take on board the 'no special powers' point from @iiBqntZ . You can find that in the first post of the 'lore' thread over here: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/. [EDIT - there have been some changes in the first post since it was first made - just noticed this] The other caveats are to try and keep it time and geographically independent. The only other advice I've had from @JB_ are that if you die from a zombie bite , you will turn, but other injuries won't necessarily cause the 'change'.

As we move ever closer to the backer alpha release of the game [which we all hope will be soon!], now is a great time to be a community member here in the forums.

DON'T PANIC [Douglas Adams quote there], we're all friendly! Just dive right in and contribute! I'd be interested to hear more of your thoughts on the game and how you see it panning out. If you fancy adding some ideas on patient zero, perhaps the 'lore' post [link above] might be a good forum to put them in. Most of the members posting there seem to use a narrative type format. That doesn't mean you need to, or to try and tie in with what anyone else has written before.

Perhaps you should just ignore everyone else (barring the above guidelines) and start from how you see the game?

Hope to hear more of your ideas shortly!

[EDIT - please see inserted information in square brackets above]
Ah I see, ill be sure to help out and post any idea's that stay within the game's lore. Thanks for the information. It all sounds very interesting.