• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Personal Hygiene

Eyolo

Backer
Cleaning blood and gore off yourself could be beneficial to stave off infections, which would be even more interesting if you could get some measure of "invisibility" when covered in zombie gore a-la zombie movies.

But just on a fluff level I think the longer you survive, the more facial hair/longer hair you should have. Though, that also seems like a huge hassle on the programming side of things.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Yes to the cleaning teeth and showering with a hot water system or even if you have to shower cold you might have a fire or central heat. And for the shower and toilet there might have to be a sewer system so you might have to dig a hole under the house and then use the water in a filter system for water

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
We need the ability to clean ourselves and our gear to avoid sickness and improve our mental status. For player built homes a solar shower could be built Kevin Mccloud style from an old phone booth and a barrel on top

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Would be cool, like we've seen in Frankies video, he turned on the water, so maybe there would be a shower in the house which you could use! :)

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
yep, but I was also thinking about people who want to build away from town, in the woods. Still need a way to keep hygiene up. A way to recreate modern amenities would be cool

timdri1

Backer
I think it would be really cool if you need to shower. It would decrease the chance for diseases and give a little boost to the mental health. Also toilets should be implemented. You would need to have your sanitation functional otherwise your faeces will gather at the toilet and this could lead to a vermin plague and would have a negative impact on your mental health.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Hmm would this not become just a minor annoyance for the players? I like the idea, but thinking of how players will react to it :D

Billyhz

Has no avatar, get the fu(dge) over it.
Backer
I think this would be a great idea....and Dr.Mantis: B.O. will make all zombies within the area of the player(s) come at him/her(/them).... they tell each other apart from the stench of infected blood and flesh but it could always be considered by the devs xD

Billyhz

Backer
found a similar post.... could increase humanity/mental state and not showering, washing yourself in a lake or something instead, or bad personal hygiene for a few in-game days leads to the character having strong B.O., letting zeds in your area smell you and come after you?other problems could come from bad p. hygiene can lead to other probs too?As far as the well... doing your business goes doing it out of any possible view of other players (maybe make hiding behind foliage possible?) or using a houses toilet and cleaning it out keeps your mental state as is or increase it, whilst the opposite decreases your mental state?Also shitting your pants would be HILARIOUS and would affect your hygiene and mental state negatively if you made a habit of doing it.Time for me to shut up before I write an essay, lol.

Credits to Zero for the ''shitting your pants'' idea

Last edited:

Billyhz

Backer
Forgot to add... (if you were to add this) make sure clothes cover explicit parts ,blur them or do what rust does... make it non-censored and shown xD