• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Personal or Animal Travois

Thread starter #1

Maddreamer

Backer
Players can build a travois to supplement their ability to carry items before obtaining a vehicle. You would be able to carry about two backpacks or a box like the one in the back of the jeep with a movement penalty.

Depends on the availability and difficulty of obtaining and maintaining vehicles. If working or easily repaired vehicles are abundant it somewhat obviates need.

Basic Construction ( 2 Backpacks)
2 Wooden Poles
1 Cargo Netting and 1 Rope or 3 Rope

Better Capacity Version (Jeep Box)
+1 Pole
+ 2 Leather/Fur Pelt
+1 Rope

Hands Free/Animal Version
+2 Rope or + 1 Leather/Fur Pelt(strips for shoulder harness)

Thread starter #5

Maddreamer

Backer
Indeed, no animal required. but they can be used. You just need away to lash it to the animals back and use longer poles I assume smaller animals as well (goats/sheep) .

Interestingly the article suggests that this works better in forest floors and snow than wheeled items.

I tried to simplify the ingredient list, the first two variants would require you to stand at the front and carry poles in hand, if attacked you would need to drop your load and arm yourself. a combat sling for a rifle or a wrist lanyard for a hand weapon would make me feel better about using it.

the last version would have an added harness probably over the shoulders with a chest strap, you could grab the poles when needed and then when you are moving allow the rig to take the load leaving hands free for weapons.This final variant would allow for use with an animal.

Last edited: