• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Photo reference material thread

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Purpose / to add photos from different countries for the developers to use now and in the future
Conditions / no people or car license plates nothing confidential and or otherwise not public

You cant beat first hand pics to use for reference or design. Google maps doesn't go everywhere. Please drop anything you feel like contributing here.

My opening contribution.

Mostly pics from a local train station, there was work being done on the lines resulting in buses replacing trains during that time. Was the perfect time to take some photos. The others are nearby to where i grew up and one of an overpass bridge for a central road near Wellington city not far from the main motorway.

Last edited:
Thread starter #2

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Found some more pics going through my phone, some good stuff.

The first were taken outside my place on a very cold frosty night quite spooky looking.
Another is of an ancient shop advertisement that had been discovered from building renovations Wellington City.
The rest are from a public track along side a river and a building site. The odd white headed thing is a duck.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Went to the effort to take some more pics yesterday on my way home, Enjoy.

Flash on

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think there are some great ideas for models from those pics that could be used in game, particularly the underpasses and that litter bin.

Thread starter #5

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Thanks, im hoping the thread grows considering all of these photos are royalty free and given for use to A2Z. Any modelers artists and level designers working on projects could trawl through here looking for reference ideas to base models and level design on. Its always nicer to have real photos taken in urban and rural settings and not having to rely on google maps or similar. In addition all countries have different building techniques when it comes to roads and various other public works.

Thread starter #6

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Some new pics, tried to take some night photos my camera not very good even using the flash. The pic with the shops in it is the mall where i grew up, its a classic mall built sometime around the early 70's or late 60's. Due to be knocked down at the end of the year as its leaking and becoming unsafe.