• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Physical State affects carrying capacity.

Thread starter #1

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
I cannot remember if there is going to be a target injury system where your arm could become broken or a leg wont stop bleeding.

but if there is I'd like to see these injuries affect what and how you can carry. Say you have a hunting rifle and your arm is broken/bleeding, you would carry it more awkwardly and thus could slow you down etc.

Also inventory could be affected, if your leg is broken or injured you might not be able to carry the same as if you were healed.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
This would be great realism wise, but gameplay wise would probably become annoying.
Ex: Say someone happens to break your leg with a bullet from long range, I imagine one of two things happening
a) you are immobile until you drop some items (which would probably lead to getting shot a second time)
b) the system automatically drops items so you can continue to move. (which would suck cause they could be something important.)
(although you're probably not going to walk on a broken leg in real life anyway.)

So I am kind of yes and no on this, yes that would probably be true in real life, but when it comes down to it, this is a game. We can try to make it as close as we can to real but sometimes you just have to draw the line.

Thread starter #5

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
Instead of immobilizing the player any injuries could just slow down the player by a percentage while any injuries to the upper area of the body have impacts on weapon aiming etc. the more severe the injury the bigger the impacts.

While it would take some realism out of the game im completely up for using medkits to heal injuries (maybe even broken bones :-/ ?) so that if you are hit and your inventory space is affected, you can still return to normal after healing yourself but of course these would have to be balanced aswell so as not to make anyone spam it,

could have something like the time it takes to heal an injury affected by the amount of injuries you have and the severity of the injury. So say you have 5 injuries all broken bones it would take you more time to heal with a medkit than it would someone with 2 broken bones and 1 bleeding injury.

Of course if there is not going to be an injury system like this then this becomes obsolete but still good to discuss.